61

C301 - Decision- Part 1

When the sun rose in the sky, light passed through the gaps of the curtains that were drawn over the window, Lisa started to wake up from her sleep. Her eyes tried to adjust to the sudden change from darkness to light in the room, the blurriness disappeared, and she found Jungkook who was lying next to her.      

It seemed like in sleep, Jungkook had let go of her waist, giving her space just like he had done last night by offering her a choice to refuse. He slept with his back against the surface of the bed and his body facing the ceiling of the bed. Lisa started to move, ready to wake up and tiptoe out of the room so that she could get ready when her right hand touched something wet.      

Her eyebrows furrowed and Lisa pushed herself up, sat on the bed, to bring her hand forward only to see her hand that was covered in blood. The shock of the sight was enough to throw her sleep out of her body, giving her body a sharp wake. She gasped when she caught sight of the blood that had drenched the white sheet of the bed, and the metallic smell of the blood hung around the bed.      

Lisa's eyes were quick to turn towards Jungkook, and she noticed him staring at the ceiling, with his expression frozen. A wide hole had formed on his chest, and she gasped. Her breathing started to change with her heart beating loudly in her chest as shock sank in her body.      

W-what happened here? She asked herself in panic. She looked around back and forth, and checked the windows and the doors to see them closed.      

"C-Jungkook?" she called his name, but there was no response from him. The next moment, she found her hands on his chest. More blood started to come out from his body.     

The room started to stifle, and her anxiety started to have her heart go into overdrive, waking her up from the nightmare she was having until now. Quickly waking up, she looked at the bedsheet to notice it was clean white and to see Jungkook was not lying there with his eyes open.      

Lisa was looking around the room, and at the same time, the door opened, and she saw Jungkook standing there at the door, staring at Lisa with a frown on his face. He walked to where she sat, placing a hand on her forehead. He had gone out of the room ten minutes ago and was only returning when his ears picked up her heart, beating loudly like she was in a state of panic.      

"What's the matter, Lisa?" Jungkook asked her, his eyes staring into her brown eyes that looked slightly dilated out of fear. He caught sight of her watching him, her eyes moving across his chest, and he tilted his head.      

Jungkook sat on the edge of the bed, letting one leg rest down on the ground while the other that was folded on the bed.     

"Where did you go?" Lisa asked, her eyes staring into his.      

"I went to speak to Taehyung," he answered, without bringing the smile forward that was pushing through his lips because of her words. Brushing it away for the time being, he apologised, "I am sorry that I wasn't here when you woke up. Did you have a bad dream?"      

Lisa, stared at Jungkook making sure she wasn't dreaming again, finally dropped her gaze from him and gave him a nod. It was a disturbing dream, a dream that was vivid, and she could still smell the blood in the air, and the wetness in her hands because of his blood that was cold. Though Lisa had seen part of her grandfather's neck being ripped out, what she saw in her dream felt worse. She didn't know if it was because it was her own hands that had killed him in her dream, or if it was because it was Jungkook.      

She felt Jungkook place his hand below her chin, raising it so that she would lift her gaze,      

"Tell me about your dream," he coaxed her, wanting to know what had shaken her this early in the morning.