59

C291 - High House- Part 2

Lisa couldn't herself believe that she had done something so bold and out of character in front of everyone. Her cheeks burned once everyone left the courtroom and her knees had turned weak to walk. Jungkook had supported her with his hand resting on her back so that she wouldn't stagger behind.      

She turned her head, making eye contact with Jungkook who looked down at her with a satisfied and extremely pleased look on his face.      

"You did well today, love," he whispered those words only for her to hear. As courageous she had turned in that spare moments when the High House woman had questioned and demanded proof, she could feel her heart thudding in her chest, her eardrums ringing. It took five more seconds to calm her heart as she stared into Jungkook's eyes.      

When she had pressed her lips on Jungkook's lips, he hadn't kissed her back the way he usually did. And Lisa was thankful as it helped her not to lose her mind.      

They walked towards the dining room. The guests at the front, in the middle were her family and Jungkook's relatives while she and Jungkook walked keeping a few distances away from others at the back. Lisa couldn't help but wonder what was going to happen at the dining table. Though the man named Dimitri said they would continue to discuss other matters later, she had a feeling that it was not going to be a peaceful supper.      

Reaching the dining room, everyone were led to take a seat by the servants, and Lisa took her usual seat, which was right next to the King. It was good to see that just because the guests they had were from High House, they were not made to sit close to the King. Instead, they sat on the farther side from where the King and Lisa sat.      

"How is your work with the Warrings going on, Weasley?" Jungkook initiated the conversation to a lighter subject which in truth wasn't, considering how the previous King of the Devon didn't hold a good relationship with the Warrings' and vice versa.      

Weasley was letting the maid spread the napkin for him when he heard the King's question, "We have been trying to control the werewolves, My King."      

"I heard from my men that there had been some recent sightings of werewolves in the outskirts of the villages and some in the forest," said Jungkook, "For the last one year, we haven't had any of them, but suddenly there has been an increase in their number. An increase, due to the probability of mutation change of one single werewolf."     

Dimitri, who heard this, asked, "Werewolves in Devon? When was the last you heard about them?"      

"Less than a week ago," came the casual reply from Jungkook, "It would be quite troublesome if the Warring's don't take precautions of what they do now and in the future. Have there been any more rules that were broken by them? Considering how important the rules set by the High House is."      

"So far, none of it. We are keeping a close watch on them," responded Dimitri, his eyes moving to look at the people who were at the table before it fell on the girl who sat next to the King's right-hand side.      

"I spoke to King Warrings, and he showed us his castle. So far we haven't found any suspicious activity," it was Lilith who spoke and she continued, "I should perhaps stay here in Devon for some more time, to make sure to tackle the situation of werewolves. I doubt any vampires would want them multiplying," the smile she offered insinuated a secretive meaning.      

Jungkook didn't return the smile, instead, he picked up the glass of red wine that was placed next to him, "Here I thought the High House would tackle it beforehand. There wasn't supposed to be any slip-ups, Lilith. I think I will have Daphne on my lands as you are getting a little out of touch. You should, perhaps take a vacation."