46

C226 - Cloverleaf- Part 1

After entering the room, Jungkook closed the door. He got to his bed without bothering to remove the shoes. With one leg folded up to have his foot placed on the surface of the bed and the right leg outstretched, where the shoe touched the edge of the bed, Jungkook stared at the ceiling of his bed.     

The day had been far more eventful than what he had expected it to be. Not only he had taken blood from Lisa, but he had taken her to meet his mother.     

It has been years since he had last seen his mother's face. Even though where she was resting now was close by, Jungkook had not gone to open the lid of the cemented grave where his mother laid dead and cold. Her body had been preserved in the coffin, but the pain he felt of what took place in the night when he had killed her, still lingered in the back of his mind.     

She looked the same as the day when she had died. Or maybe in a much better condition, where she was not wheezing and spouting blood from her mouth. On the day of her death, his mother had turned to almost like a corpse. Her cheeks had turned hollow and her eyes had dark circles, making her look older and tired.     

The fireplace was burning in low flame, and the candles that were placed on the stand continued to melt in time while Jungkook continued to stare into space. His red eyes were vacant, and the smile that he often adorned on his lips had disappeared. After a while, when Jungkook closed his eyes, his thoughts drifted into the dream, to relive the memories of the past.     

Unlike the current weather, it was a rainy day in the land of Devon. Rain poured down from the sky while splashes of water could be heard as men ran on the ground.     

"Where is he?!" asked a man who stopped running, looking to his left and right, searching for the person. The man wore clothes that were entirely black. There were badges on his chest to indicate that he was bestowed by the royal court for his commendable works. "He should be somewhere close by! Make sure to drag and bring him to me!"     

"Sir!" came the collective voices from the other six men who had accompanied the man who ordered them.     

"Everyone split up!" came the next order and the men dispersed from there.     

At the corner of one of the houses, a young man stood, holding his stomach, which was bleeding. He huffed for air. His clothes and body were drenched because of the rain, washing away the traces of blood that had dripped down from cuts from his head and mouth. Jungkook took a deep breath before opening the coat to take a look at the side of his stomach which was bleeding even now.     

The house near where he had taken shelter at, a woman stepped out of the house as if ready to leave with her umbrella. But after seeing a strange man who was standing there with blood that started to show up on his face because of the lack of rain to wash it away, the woman's eyes widened, and she shut the door right away. Jungkook heard the click of the lock as if the woman was securing her house from him.     

Jungkook hadn't expected something like this to happen. He gritted his teeth at the wound that was on his stomach.     

The rain again continued to pour, and Jungkook didn't stay there. He escaped from there so that he wouldn't be caught by the men who were sent by someone who he knew. The rain had almost stopped, leaving drizzle in the air by the time he had made his out of there.     

He was on his way to the castle earlier when he was chased by seven men who had caught him off guard. Off guard, because he knew them. He had met and spoken with them in the past. Initially, there were ten people, and after fighting, the count had fallen to seven.