31

C151 - Liquid on the lips- Part 3

On their way to the carriage, Lisa felt her head starting to feel dizzy as she had never felt before. She tried to make sure to keep her footsteps firm, and she cursed herself. To spite Jungkook, she had drunk everything from the glass but who would have thought that the alcohol would be this strong?      

Jungkook who was walking behind Lisa couldn't stop the grin on his lips. He noticed how Lisa tried to walk straight, but somewhere after they stepped out of the castle, she had started to sway. The King was a sadist when it came to seeing the person who he loved struggle, wanting her to submit to him even if it was in the form of asking his help. He had his twisted ways and wanted her to want him.      

Not to forget, it wasn't him who had told her to drink. Lisa had chosen to drink despite his warning.      

Even though he had left the open room to talk to Mr. Jennyings about needing his assistance on some work, his eyes and consciousness was still where Lisa was. A King never had friends, but only foes who would be waiting to strike him or steal what was precious to him, and Jungkook was not the man to leave his treasure unprotected. Out of all the people, his eyes were only concentrated on Lisa because she was the only person who mattered to him.      

His blood had boiled when he found her with that human who was trying to catch her attention. To Jungkook it would be easy to have the man dead in less than a second but he knew how Lisa would react to it. Though Lisa was still resisting him, he could see how delicate their relationship was. She was finally coming around even though it was subtle which she herself had not noticed. It was possible that even though Lisa would grow feelings for him, she would be scared and try to shut it out, and it was something Jungkook was not looking forward to.      

Claiming her openly in front of everyone was to show her that he was serious about her and he wouldn't let a pest come between them.      

"Do you need help?" Jungkook asked looking at Lisa who was walking while her body swayed. If she were to fall, he would be there to catch her, unlike last time where she had fallen while he was still enjoying the sight of blood in front of him.      

He raised his hand to weave his fingers through his hair.      

"What for?" came Lisa's voice, her breath breezy.      

"You're having trouble while walking," stated Jungkook, "I wouldn't want another bump on your head."     

Lisa, who was walking in front of Jungkook, didn't turn to look at him as she was trying to focus on her walking. What kind of berries were those that were making her head go round? She closed her eyes for a second and then opened after squinting.      

"I will be fine," she murmured under her breath.      

When they reached the carriage, the coachman pulled open the door of the carriage so that they could get in. Lisa pulled up her dress so that she could step on the pedestal of the carriage to get in, she almost missed her step, she felt Jungkook's hand around her waist.     

"I got you," he whispered to her, helping her get in and Lisa's cheeks that were already flushed because of the wine turned pink. She sat down, moving to the corner end. Jungkook followed into the carriage to sit next to her. She held her hands on her lap, holding them close while staring at the wood that was in front of her.      

The carriage started to move, and Lisa was quiet, her eyes once in a while moving to look at Jungkook who was strangely not looking at her. Was he giving her space to breath? Especially after what he did back in the mansion!