rise! Mikey x ADHD reader requested

It was a typical evening in the sewers of New York City, the underground home of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The lair was abuzz with activity as Donnie tinkered with his latest invention, Leo and Raph engaged in a friendly spar, and Michelangelo, or Mikey as everyone called him, bounced around with his usual energy, trying to find something to occupy his mind.

Mikey’s ADHD often made it difficult for him to stay focused on one thing for too long. His room was filled with half-finished projects: graffiti art, skateboard modifications, and comic book sketches scattered across every surface. Today, however, he was determined to complete something new—something he could be proud of.

That’s when he thought of you.

You were a close friend of the turtles, having met them during one of their late-night patrols. Your boundless energy and vibrant personality meshed well with Mikey’s, making you both fast friends. Mikey had always admired your unique spirit, often catching glimpses of the way you approached life with an infectious enthusiasm that mirrored his own.

“I’ve got it!” Mikey exclaimed, startling Donnie out of his concentration.

“Got what, Mikey?” Donnie asked, adjusting his glasses with a sigh.

“I’m gonna draw Y/N! They’re always so full of life, it’ll be the perfect project to work on!” Mikey’s eyes sparkled with excitement as he grabbed his sketchpad and a fistful of colored pencils.

“Just make sure you finish this one,” Donnie teased, turning back to his contraption.

Mikey rolled his eyes but smiled, knowing his brother meant well. He hurried through the maze-like tunnels of their home, eager to find you and share his idea.

You were in your usual spot in the lair, curled up on the couch with a book, occasionally tapping your foot to an invisible rhythm. Your focus drifted as your mind flitted from one thought to another, typical for someone with ADHD. You often found it challenging to concentrate on one thing, much like Mikey.

“Hey, Y/N!” Mikey’s voice echoed through the room, pulling you from your reverie.

You looked up, a smile spreading across your face at the sight of your hyperactive friend. “Hey, Mikey! What’s up?”

“I was wondering if I could draw you,” Mikey said, holding up his sketchpad with a hopeful grin. “I think it’d be really cool to capture your awesomeness on paper.”

Your eyes widened in surprise. “Really? You want to draw me?”

“Totally! You have this amazing energy, and I think it’d be a blast to try and capture it.”

“Sure, I’d love that!” you replied enthusiastically. “What do you need me to do?”

“Just be yourself,” Mikey said, settling down with his sketchpad. “I’ll take care of the rest.”

You nodded, trying to relax and let your natural movements take over. As you chatted with Mikey, you couldn’t help but notice how he kept switching pencils, his hands moving in quick, precise motions, only to pause and shift to another detail. It was clear he was as restless as you often felt.

As Mikey continued to draw, he began to notice certain behaviors in you that felt oddly familiar. The way your eyes darted around the room, the constant movement of your fingers, and the way you seemed to jump from topic to topic in conversation—it all mirrored his own experiences with ADHD.

“Hey, Y/N,” Mikey said, pausing his sketching. “Can I ask you something?”

“Sure, Mikey. What’s up?”