2012!Raph x shortfused sweet reader requested

It was a typical evening in New York City. The sun had just set, casting a golden hue over the skyscrapers and the bustling streets below. In the hidden depths of the city, far away from the eyes of the everyday New Yorker, the lair of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was alive with activity.

Raphael, the hotheaded and fiercely loyal member of the group, was in the middle of a sparring session with his brother Leonardo. The clanging of their weapons echoed through the spacious underground lair.

"Come on, Raph, is that all you've got?" Leonardo taunted, deflecting Raphael's attack with his katana.

"Don't push me, Leo," Raphael growled, his emerald eyes narrowing in concentration. He swung his sai with precision, but Leonardo blocked it effortlessly.

The sparring session was abruptly interrupted by the sound of the lair's entrance door sliding open. Raphael and Leonardo paused, turning to see who had arrived. It was Y/N, a close friend of the turtles and Raphael's secret crush. She had a unique presence that always seemed to brighten the lair, despite her short fuse and sassy attitude.

Y/N was a pacifist at heart, always advocating for non-violence, which often put her at odds with Raphael's aggressive nature. But there was an undeniable connection between them, one that neither of them could fully explain.

"Hey, Y/N," Leonardo greeted, lowering his weapon. "What's up?"

"Hey, Leo," Y/N replied, her voice tinged with frustration. She glanced at Raphael, her expression softening slightly. "Raph."

"What's wrong?" Raphael asked, sensing her agitation immediately. He sheathed his sai and walked over to her, his concern evident.

Y/N let out an exasperated sigh and ran a hand through her hair. "It's my Spanish class. My teacher took a point off my test because I had a slip of the tongue during the speaking portion. It wasn't even a big mistake, but he was so nitpicky about it."

Raphael frowned, his protective instincts kicking in. "That's ridiculous. You should go talk to him, tell him it's unfair."

"I did," Y/N replied, her frustration growing. "He wouldn't budge. And you know what? It's not even about the point. It's about the principle. I worked hard, and he just-" She clenched her fists, clearly holding back her anger.

Raphael knew that Y/N's short fuse was often a result of her deep passion for the things she cared about. He admired that about her, even if it sometimes led to heated moments. "Hey, come on," he said softly, placing a reassuring hand on her shoulder. "We'll figure something out."

Y/N looked up at him, her anger melting slightly under his gaze. "Thanks, Raph. I just needed to vent, I guess."

"Anytime," Raphael replied, offering her a small smile. "You wanna stay for dinner? Mikey's trying out a new pizza recipe."

"Sure, that sounds great," Y/N said, her mood lifting a bit.

As they headed to the kitchen, Raphael couldn't help but steal a few glances at Y/N. He admired her resilience and her ability to stand up for herself, even when it wasn't easy. He knew she hated conflict, but when it came to matters of principle, she was as fierce as any warrior.

Dinner was a lively affair, as it usually was with Michelangelo's culinary experiments. The turtles' banter and camaraderie were infectious, and Y/N found herself laughing and forgetting about her troubles for a while.

After dinner, Raphael walked Y/N to the lair's entrance. "You sure you're okay?" he asked, his voice gentle.

Y/N nodded. "Yeah, thanks, Raph. I feel better now."