future! rise! Leo x pregnant reader

The night was unusually quiet, a stark contrast to the constant sounds of the post-apocalyptic world. New York City, once a bustling metropolis, was now a crumbling ruin overrun by darkness and despair. But amidst the chaos, pockets of resistance still fought valiantly against the rising tide of evil.

Deep within the labyrinthine sewers, the hidden sanctum of the remaining Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles stood as a beacon of hope. It was here that Leonardo, the once confident and carefree leader, now burdened by the weight of the world, sat in a makeshift room that he had created for you.

You were resting on a worn-out mattress, your hands gently cradling your pregnant belly. The impending arrival of your child was both a source of immense joy and profound fear. The world above was no place for an innocent life, and yet, the tiny heartbeat within you was a reminder of hope and resilience.

Leo entered the room, his eyes softening as he gazed at you. The blue bandana tied around his head was tattered, and his once bright, mischievous eyes now held a depth of sorrow and determination that came from years of relentless fighting. He approached you with careful steps, as if afraid his very presence might shatter the fragile tranquility of the moment.

"How are you feeling?" he asked, his voice a gentle rumble that contrasted with his imposing figure.

You smiled weakly, your fingers intertwining with his as he sat beside you. "Tired, but okay. The baby is kicking a lot today."

Leo's hand joined yours on your belly, feeling the tiny movements that were both a comfort and a reminder of the life growing inside you. "That's a good sign. It means they're strong, like their mom."

You chuckled softly, leaning into him. "And like their dad."

The two of you sat in silence for a while, savoring the rare moment of peace. The world outside might have been falling apart, but in this room, there was love and hope. Leo's hand continued to caress your belly, his mind drifting back to the day everything changed.

The Krang invasion had been swift and brutal. The alien warlords had descended upon Earth, bringing chaos and destruction in their wake. The Turtles had fought valiantly, but they were outmatched and outnumbered. Splinter had fallen in the first wave, his sacrifice allowing his sons to escape. Donnie, Raph, and Mikey had each gone their separate ways to lead different resistance groups, while Leo had taken you and a handful of survivors underground to regroup and plan.

The years had been hard. Supplies were scarce, and hope even scarcer. But Leo had found solace in you, and the impending arrival of your child had given him a renewed sense of purpose. He was determined to create a world where his child could grow up safe and free from the tyranny of the Krang.

"Leo," you said, breaking the silence. "Do you think we'll ever be able to give our child a normal life?"

Leo's grip tightened around your hand. "I don't know. But I promise you, I will do everything in my power to make it happen. Our child will know love and family, and we'll fight to give them a future."

Tears welled up in your eyes as you leaned your head against his shoulder. "I know you will. You're the strongest person I know."

Leo kissed the top of your head, his heart aching with the weight of his promises. He had to be strong, not just for you and the baby, but for everyone who looked up to him. He had to believe that there was still a chance to turn the tide.

As the night wore on, Leo stayed by your side, watching over you as you drifted off to sleep. He knew that the battle was far from over, but in this moment, he allowed himself to hope. And hope, he reminded himself, was a powerful thing.