rise! Donnie x male! reader

The city of New York bustled with life, a cacophony of sounds blending together to create the symphony of urban existence. Among the throngs of people, there was a small subset who knew about the city's underground protectors, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. However, most remained blissfully unaware of the extraordinary beings living below their feet. Among these extraordinary beings was Donatello, the tech-savvy genius of the group, who was always on the lookout for new inventions and ways to improve their subterranean lair.

One such night, while the moon hung high and the city streets gleamed with artificial light, Donnie was on one of his usual patrols. This time, he wasn't alone. His thoughts kept drifting to a certain someone—(Y/N), a young man he'd met by chance during one of their adventures. Strong, intelligent, and with a keen interest in technology that rivaled Donnie’s, (Y/N) had become an invaluable ally and, more importantly, a close friend.

As he moved through the shadows, his mind replayed their most recent encounter. They had spent hours in his lab, geeking out over the latest tech. The banter had flowed easily, a mix of friendly rivalry and mutual respect. Donnie found himself looking forward to those moments more than he'd like to admit.

Lost in thought, Donnie almost missed the movement ahead. He halted, eyes narrowing behind his purple mask. His bo staff was ready in an instant, its familiar weight comforting in his grip. But then he saw who it was and relaxed.

"(Y/N)?" Donnie called out, stepping forward.

(Y/N) turned, a grin spreading across his face. "Donnie! I thought I'd find you here."

"What are you doing out here?" Donnie asked, curiosity piqued. "Shouldn't you be at home? It's pretty late."

(Y/N) shrugged. "I could ask you the same thing. Besides, I wanted to test out this new gadget I made." He held up a small device, its screen glowing faintly in the dark.

Donnie's eyes lit up with interest. "Is that what I think it is?"

(Y/N) nodded, his grin widening. "Yup. Portable EMP. Thought it might come in handy against any tech-savvy villains we might encounter."

"Impressive," Donnie admitted, a hint of admiration in his voice. "Mind if I take a look?"

The two of them huddled together, examining the device. Their conversation flowed naturally, filled with technical jargon and excited exclamations. Time seemed to slip away, and before they knew it, an hour had passed.

"You're really something, you know that?" Donnie said, looking up from the gadget.

(Y/N) chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck. "Takes one to know one, I guess."

There was a moment of comfortable silence before Donnie spoke again. "You know, I've been working on something too. Want to come back to the lair and check it out?"

(Y/N)'s eyes sparkled with excitement. "Lead the way."

The journey back to the lair was quick, the two of them moving with ease through the city's hidden pathways. When they arrived, Donnie led (Y/N) straight to his lab, where a plethora of gadgets and machines awaited.

"This," Donnie said, gesturing to a large, sleek device, "is my latest project. It's a neural interface that can connect directly to any machine, allowing for real-time control and feedback."

(Y/N) whistled appreciatively. "That's incredible. Can we test it out?"

Donnie's lips quirked into a smile. "I thought you'd never ask."

They spent the next few hours experimenting with the interface, their combined intellects pushing the boundaries of what was possible. As the night wore on, Donnie found himself increasingly captivated by (Y/N)'s presence. The way he moved, the confidence in his actions, and the spark in his eyes when he got excited about something—everything about him drew Donnie in.