future! RISE! Donnie x pregnant reader

The sky was a dismal shade of gray, as it had been for weeks. Smoke and ash had become part of the atmosphere, remnants of the endless battles with the Krang. The city, once bustling and full of life, now lay in ruins, echoing with the distant sounds of conflict. Amidst the chaos, a hidden refuge existed, one of the few places left untouched by the devastation.

Deep within this sanctuary, you sat alone, your mind racing with thoughts. The realization that you were pregnant had hit you like a ton of bricks. In a world where every day was a struggle for survival, the idea of bringing a new life into this chaos was both daunting and terrifying. You had known you would have to tell Donnie eventually, but the fear of his reaction paralyzed you.

Donatello, the tech-savvy turtle with a penchant for inventing and strategizing, had been your rock throughout these dark times. His logical mind and unwavering determination had kept everyone afloat, but you weren't sure how he would take this news. You placed a hand on your still-flat stomach, a gesture of both comfort and protection. How would he react? Would he see this as a burden or a blessing?

You heard the familiar sound of the door to your makeshift quarters creaking open, and you quickly composed yourself. Donnie's silhouette appeared in the doorway, his tall, lean frame backlit by the flickering lights of the underground lair. His expression softened when he saw you, and he stepped inside, closing the door behind him.

"Hey," he said, his voice gentle but laced with exhaustion. "How are you holding up?"

You mustered a smile, hoping to mask the turmoil inside you. "I'm managing," you replied, your voice steady. "Just... thinking."

He studied you for a moment, his keen eyes missing nothing. Donnie had always been perceptive, and you knew it wouldn't be long before he sensed something was off. He moved closer, his gaze softening with concern.

"Y/N, what's on your mind?" he asked, sitting down beside you. "You seem... different. Is everything okay?"

Your heart pounded in your chest as you searched for the right words. The longer you waited, the harder it became. Finally, you took a deep breath and decided to just rip off the band-aid.

"Donnie," you began, your voice trembling slightly. "I... I have something important to tell you."

His eyes widened slightly, a flicker of worry crossing his face. He reached out and took your hand in his, his touch reassuring. "Whatever it is, you can tell me," he said softly.

You looked down at your intertwined hands, drawing strength from his presence. "I'm pregnant," you said, your voice barely above a whisper.

The silence that followed was deafening. Donnie's grip on your hand tightened slightly, and you could see the gears turning in his mind as he processed the information. His expression was a mix of shock, confusion, and something else you couldn't quite place.

"Pregnant?" he repeated, as if testing the word on his tongue. "But... how? I mean, I know how, but... now?"

You nodded, tears welling up in your eyes. "I know it's not the best timing, considering everything that's happening," you said, your voice cracking. "But it's true. I'm scared, Donnie. I don't know what to do."

Donnie's expression softened, and he pulled you into a tight embrace. "Hey, it's okay," he whispered, his voice soothing. "We'll figure this out together. You're not alone in this."

You clung to him, grateful for his support. As the initial shock wore off, you could feel his mind already working on a plan. That was one of the things you loved about Donnie; his ability to stay focused and find solutions, no matter how dire the situation.