love songs for you

Vicky POV:

"FINALLY!" a voice rings out, causing both Natasha and me to startle in surprise. Natasha turns to me, her expression a mix of shock and disbelief as she asks, "Did you watch us?". Yelena, grins mischievously and admits, "Yes, but I wanted to come here to think, and then I saw you two, and I took pictures!"

I can't help but burst into laughter at Yelena's bold confession. Natasha, on the other hand, lets out a resigned sigh and rubs her temples in exasperation. "Oh my goodness," she mutters under her breath, a hint of frustration noticeable in her voice.

Yelena, turns to me with a cheeky grin. "Tori, I'm going to send you the pictures! You two are just too cute!" Her laughter is infectious, and I find myself at a loss for words, my mouth opening and closing as I try to respond, I end up nodding and with that Yelena is already running back to the door.

(like yk when rooftops have these small rooms where only the elevator is and nothing else. I mean that so you can like imagine it better.)

"This has been the best early birthday gift I've ever received," I say with a wide grin, to which Nat chuckles in response. "Oh, just wait until tomorrow, I have a present for you that you'll love," she teases, and I playfully respond, "I can't wait to see it." Nat takes my hand and we make our way back to the elevator. Feeling a bit nervous, I ask Nat, "Do you think Yel will tell anyone?" We step into the room and wait for the elevator to arrive. "She can be annoying at times, but she's still my sister. She won't say anything," Nat reassures me softly, and I nod with a smile. "You're right," I reply softly as the elevator doors open and we step inside.

Nat and I lean against the back wall, patiently waiting for the elevator to take us to the team floor where the common areas and everyone's rooms are. "I need to do something, but I'll come join you in your room later, okay?" I say with a gentle smile, to which she nods in understanding. I have a song idea that I need to write down right now. As soon as the elevator doors slide open, Nat guides me back to my room. Before entering, I give her a quick peck on the lips.

I enter my room and am immediately walking to my cozy bed. I reach for my worn notebook, the pages filled with scribbled ideas and lyrics. As I flip through the pages, searching for a blank space, I find a clear page and begin to write.

"For you, I would cross the line. I would waste my time," I speak aloud, the words echoing in the quiet room. How do I want this song? Definitely loud. Drums and guitars for sure. And don't forget the bass! Keyboard is a must.

As I return to the lyrics, my mind races with ideas. "I would waste my time... I would lose my mind. They say..." I mumble lost in thoughts.

—-

"For you, I would cross the line. I would waste my time. I would lose my mind. They say she's gone too far this time. Don't blame me, she made me crazy. And if she doesn't you ain't doing it right. Lord, save me, my drug is my baby. I'll be using for the rest of my life. Don't blame me, she's made me crazy. If she doesn't you ain't doing it right. Oh lord save me my drug is my baby i'll be using for the rest of my life." I glance back at my laptop, where I've just made my first attempt with Magix. Grabbing my phone, I open the recording app, hit record, and sing along to the draft playing on my laptop. "For you, I would cross the line. I would waste my time. I would lose my mind. They say she's gone too far this time. Don't blame me, she made me crazy. And if she doesn't you ain't doing it right. Lord, save me, my drug is my baby. I'll be using for the rest of my life. Don't blame me, she's made me crazy. If she doesn't you ain't doing it right. Oh lord save me my drug is my baby i'll be using for the rest of my life." I sing along to the draft, but as I stop the recording and listen to it, I notice something is out of place. Something just doesn't feel quite right.

I don't realize it's 11pm when the sound of my door opening startles me, pulling me back to reality. It's Nat, standing in the doorway with a playful smile. "Hey, I thought I said I'd join you later," I mumble, a hint of surprise in my voice as she approaches my bed.

"Babe, it's 11 pm," she gently reminds me, her voice filled with amusement and concern. I furrow my brow in confusion, "What? No, I've only been at this for like 40 minutes," I protest, my disbelief evident.

Nat reaches over and double-taps the screen of my phone, I stare at the time on my screen, my realization hitting me like a brick. "Oh... I'm sorry, I didn't realize I was writing for so long," I groan, a mix of embarrassment and exhaustion in my voice.

"It's okay... do you want to show me what you've been working on?" she suggests gently, her eyes filled with genuine curiosity. I hesitate, I don't like people listening to my drafts. Since they're not always perfect, im scared of their criticism.

I nod slowly, with a deep breath, I open my recording app and play back the snippet I had just recorded.

I observe her reaction as she listens attentively. Once the song ends, I set down my phone and ask, "What do you think?" "It's good, but maybe think about changing 'she made me crazy' to 'love made me crazy'; it's prettier to listen to," she offers honestly, to which I nod in agreement. "That's genius! Wait, wait, let me try!" I cheer excitedly, grinning as I begin recording.

I start playing the instrumental and begin to sing.
"For you, I would cross the line
I would waste my time
I would lose my mind
They say, "She's gone too far this time"
Don't blame me, love made me crazy
If it doesn't, you ain't doin' it right
Lord, save me, my drug is my baby
I'll be usin' for the rest of my life
Don't blame me, love made me crazy
If it doesn't, you ain't doin' it right
Oh, Lord, save me, my drug is my baby
I'll be usin' for the rest of my life"

I stop the recording and promptly hit play to hear the results. "That sounds much better!" I cheer, smiling at her. "Care to join me in my room now?" she teases, and I nod, swiftly shutting down my laptop. Nat is already heading out the door, so I chase after her and take her hand. I keep her close as we walk to her room, smiling up at her.

We enter Nat's room, and as I release her arm, I can't resist the urge to jump onto her soft bed. "This feels like a cloud compared to mine. I might just have to stay here forever," I playfully giggle, sinking into the comfort of her mattress.

Nat chuckles, her eyes sparkling with amusement. "You're always welcome with me, you know," she says with a warm smile as she settles down beside me.

"Cuddles!" I cheer with a grin, propping myself up on my elbows. "Come here." Nat's smile widens, and I eagerly scoot closer to her, planting a sweet kiss on her lips before resting my head on her chest and her arms find its way around my waist.

Our legs naturally entwine, and a sense of comfort washes over me as I close my eyes, feeling the steady rhythm of Nat's heartbeat. In this moment, wrapped in each other's embrace, I couldn't imagine a more perfect place to be.

--

Im sorry that the chapters are so short rn longer chapters will come trust me!!!!