last time as friends

Vicky POV:
(7th April 2021)

I wake up to a pounding headache, my temples throbbing with each beat of my heart. As I try to sit up, I notice a note on the bedside table next to me. With bleary eyes, I read the message.

Good morning angel, I know you had too much to drink last night so take painkillers ok? <3
-Nat

Feeling grateful for her thoughtfulness, I reach for the painkillers and the glass of water she left for me. The cool liquid soothes my throat as I swallow the pills, hoping for some relief from the pounding in my head.

After a few moments, I get the energy to get out of bed and make my way to the bathroom. Looking at my reflection in the mirror, I am shocked by the reflection staring back at me. My braids are a tangled mess, my makeup is smudged, and dark circles under my eyes betray a lack of sleep.

„The fuck how much did I drink last night?" I can't help but wonder how I ended up in this state. With a groan, I splash some water on my face, trying to wake myself up. Stripping off my clothes from the night before, I step into the shower, letting the hot water cascade over my body. The warmth relaxes my tense muscles, and I finally start to feel a sense of calm wash over me.

—-

As I stepped out of the shower, I reached for my towel and began to dry my hair, feeling the warmth of the fabric against my skin. With the towel wrapped around my body, I reached for fresh underwear, preparing to get dressed. Just as I was about to put on my clothes, I heard a familiar voice calling out to me.

"Darling, hi, I just wanted to see if-"

Turning around, I saw Nat entering the room, her eyes focused on the ground. However, as she looked up and saw me standing there in nothing but a short towel, her gaze froze. I could see the surprise in her eyes, mixed with a hint of something else.

"Oh, I- I can go..." Nat's voice trailed off, uncertainty evident in her tone. I could see her eyes wandering from my legs to my chest, a spark of interest flickering in her gaze.

"It's okay, just give me a minute. You can wait here," I reassured her with a smile, grabbing my fresh underwear and clothes before retreating back into the bathroom to change. As I closed the door behind me, I couldn't help but wonder about the look in Nat's eyes.

—-

"Ok, so what did you want to ask me?" I inquired as I stepped out of the bathroom, the steam from the shower still lingering in the air. Dressed in loose dark grey joggers that hung comfortably on my hips and a tight black tank top that accentuated my figure, I could feel her eyes tracing my silhouette once more. Her gaze lingered on me for a moment before she moved to sit on the edge of my bed, patting the space next to her as an invitation for me to join her.

I settle beside Nat, the anticipation in the air, as she took a deep breath before speaking. Her voice was soft, almost hesitant, as she began, "I was wondering if you'd like to join me for a coffee. Not as a date, of course, because that would be too boring, but more like a last time get-together as friends before we actually go on a date..." Her fingers fiddled nervously with the rings on her hand.

A warm smile tugged at the corners of my lips. "I'd love to," I replied softly, reaching out to gently grasp her hands in mine. The connection between us felt tender and fragile, yet filled with unspoken understanding.

—-

"Vicky, are you ready? We need to leave in 5," I hear Moni's urgent voice through the door. "Yeah, just a second," I shout back, quickly slipping on my heels. Rushing to the door, I swing it open. "Okay, come on, the car is waiting!" Moni urges me as I step outside and make my way to the SUV.