Looking at you/me?

Vic POV:
(3rd April 2021)

It's been a week since I finished performing my album, and now I find myself seated at my piano in my room, attempting to craft new songs. Releasing an album means starting the writing process all over again, aiming to put out around two albums a year along with a few singles, which is why I lean towards mini albums. Each of my albums carries a specific theme, and for my next mini album, I envision celebrating powerful women with a touch of sexy. With three songs already in the works, I just need to create three more. Checking my list of current titles, I realize I haven't settled on an album title yet, but that will come once the songs are complete... hopefully.

Next projects:

Intrusive thoughts (originally by Natalie Jane)
Boss up (originally by Alina Smith)
Boyfriend (originally by Dove Cameron)
Breakfast (originally by Dove Cameron)

I sit down at my piano and start playing a random melody, humming along, but I quickly stop when I realize I'm not feeling it. Instead, I decide to put on Season 3, Episode 11 of Castle and let my mind wander. As I watch Kate Beckett, the strong female lead, deal with her doppelgänger who is a famous actress, an idea strikes me. What if I create a song inspired by Kate herself, making her the main character in my music?

Feeling inspired, I move over to my desk, realizing that the piano isn't the right vibe for this particular song, even if it's an acoustic piece. I start creating a beat by tapping my hands on the table and humming a melody. "Don't you stand there staring honey. If you think they looking at you..." I pause, then continue, "They looking at me." The words flow, "AH YES" and I quickly write them down before the idea slips away. Just as I'm getting into the groove, I'm startled by my dad's voice.

"What made you so happy" Dad's voice startles me as I jump in surprise. "I finally have an idea for a new song," I exclaim excitedly. "Oh, that's wonderful, honey. Congratulations. By the way, I wanted to talk to you about something," Dad says as he sits down on my bed. I sense the seriousness in his tone and nod in response. "I've met someone, and I want you to meet her," he says softly. "Of course, if she makes you happy, then I'm happy too," I reply with a smile, seeing the relief in his eyes. "I was afraid you wouldn't approve," he admits, hugging me. "Why wouldn't I? You've always done everything to make me happy, even when things didn't work out with Mom. You deserve to be happy too, Dad," I reassure him, feeling a bit awkward at using the word 'happy' so many times in one sentence. Dad laughs at my comment "What's her name?" I ask and he reveals her name, Pepper Potts. "When can I meet her?" I ask eagerly. "How about Sunday night?" Dad suggests, to which I agree. "Great, I'll pick you up at 7 pm," he says before kissing my forehead and leaving the room. I refocus on my song, drawing inspiration from the episode I'm watching. The copycat tries to take over her lead, looks, personality and even relationships." I can make it nice and easy, Imma take the lead." YES. Uhm- "They ain't even...- looking at you, baby. They looking at me."

---

Moni🫡
You got an Interview with WIRED for Monday (7th) 1pm. And with Capital FM on Wednesday (9th) 10am.

Yeah i'll go to both of them any more?

Moni🫡
There are two in talk that should come soon and three requests that I'll take a look at now.

Okk thanks!! Also I'm writing rn so put in a request on Spotify for realising pleaseeee

Moni🫡
Will do when you send me the setlist when you're done.

---

I put my phone away and glance at my watch. I've been writing for about 3 hours now and have finally written a full chorus and title.

Cause I've been here once or twice.
Never worry about the eyes.
Cmon don't you stand there staring honey, try to move your feet.
If you think they looking at you, they looking at me.
I can make it nice and easy, Imma take the lead.
They ain't even looking at you baby, they looking at me.
They looking at me.
Yeah, yeah they looking at me.

"Don't you think it's time for a break, darling?" Nat's voice interrupts my thoughts. "No, I just finished my full chorus so I need to at least start on the next part," I reply without looking up from my notes. Her hands on my shoulders make me shiver, and she chuckles at my reaction. "You've been working for hours, honey," she says calmly. "Well, maybe if you help me, I can take a break," I suggest. "Okay, how can I help?" she asks, sitting down next to me. "Just read through the chorus first, that's all I have. If you have any ideas for any part of the song, just write them down," I explain quietly, fiddling with my pen. I play the raw recording of the chorus with the beat on the table, and Nat listens carefully.

"That's good, I like it," she says softly, and I smile at her. As I look back at my notes, one phrase catches my eye. "Did I catch your attention..." I mumble, unsure of how to continue. "I like this one, but it's cut off. I need to finish this. Any ideas?" I ask her, pointing to the phrase on my paper. Nat furrows her eyebrows as she thinks, and I can't help but find it adorable. She catches me staring at her, and I quickly catch my breath. "You look like you've lost your breath," Nat jokes. "THAT'S IT," I exclaim, writing down the continuation of the phrase.

"Did I catch your attention, you look like you've lost your breath." I mumble "NAT YOU'RE A GENIUS" I exclaim excitedly, She laughs and replies, "I guess I am. Now, come on, you've made a good start so take a break, okay?" Her voice is soft and comforting. I nod in agreement, saying, "Right, of course. I just need to write the title down first." With a happy smile, I write it down before we leave my room and head towards the living room.

Next Projects:
Single

Intrusive thoughts (originally by Natalie Jane)

Album
Boss up (originally by Alina Smith)
Boyfriend (originally by Dove Cameron)
Breakfast (originally by Dove Cameron)
Looking at me (originally by Sabrina Carpenter)