second first date

Nat POV:
(17th April 2021)

"We broke up a month ago
Your friends are mine, you know, I know
You've moved on, found someone new
One more girl who brings out the better in you"

As I hum, I effortlessly slide my sweater over my head, feeling the soft fabric brush against my skin. Walking over to the full-length mirror in my room, I take a moment to assess my outfit for the day. The dark blue jeans hang around my legs comfortably, contrasting with the cozy grey sweater that drapes over my shoulders.

April usually brings a pleasant warmth of around 60 degrees Fahrenheit, but the recent relentless rain has brought a chill to the air. Today, the weather forecast predicts a mere 47 degrees Fahrenheit. Studying my reflection in the mirror, I adjust the collar of my sweater.

(imagine this if you don't like it choose differently!!🫶🏻)

"And I thought my heart was detachedFrom all the sunlight of our pastBut she's so sweet, she's so prettyDoes she mean you forgot about me?

From all the sunlight of our past
But she's so sweet, she's so pretty
Does she mean you forgot about me?

Oh, I hope you're happy
But not like how you were with me
I'm selfish, I know, I can't let you go
So find someone great, but don't find no one better
I hope you're happy, but don't be happier"

I quickly add an extra sweater to my bag, knowing that Tori tends to get chilly easily. Her reputation for always feeling cold has become a running joke in our group, but I make sure to be prepared.

I focus on my appearance, running my fingers through my hair as the soft waves fall over my shoulders in gentle layers. Some time ago the group almost forced me to cut some layers, and now my hair looks like a 90s-inspired blowout look.

After grabbing my bomber jacket and choosing a cozy scarf to complement my outfit, I give myself a final check in the mirror to ensure everything looks just right as I continue to hum Tori's song.

"And do you tell her she's the most beautiful girl you've ever seen?
An eternal love bullshit you know you'll never mean
Remember when I believed you meant it when you said it first to me?

And now I'm pickin' her apart
Like cuttin' her down will make you miss my wretched heart-"

I am interrupted when a knock on my door startles me, but a smile automatically forms on my face. I have a strong feeling that it's Victoria. I make my way to the door and swing it open, revealing Victoria standing there with a radiant grin that lights up her face.

As I take in her outfit, I notice that she is dressed in a pair of dark blue jeans that hug her figure perfectly, a tight white top, and a sleek black leather jacket that adds a touch of edgy to her look. Her fashion sense never fails to impress me, and I can't help but admire how effortlessly she appears.