𝐯. denial

NEUROSIS ━ CHAPTER FIVE

NEUROSIS CHAPTER FIVE.

NEUROSIS ━ CHAPTER FIVE

────── 〔〕──────

VIOLET SHUFFLED UNCOMFORTABLY, readjusting her bag on her shoulder as she waited on the steps of the plane, moving along occasionally as the girls moved up.

She let out a sigh, listening as the rest of the team marveled at the private plane Lottie's dad had so generously hired for them, silently praying for them to hurry up so she could finally sit down.

Violet didn't join in with the others, who were complimenting Mr. Matthews. Because Violet knew all too well that the plane was yet another meaningless gesture, another careless toss of money, from a parent who didn't give a shit about their child.

She too had also received a similar gesture this morning. She woke up to an empty house, having no goodbye from her parents. However what she did have, was a driver waiting for her, to drop her off at the airport and carry her bags. Which oh so definitely made up for everything.

"Oh... my... god..." Taissa looked around with wide eyes.

Van laughed in excitement. "I can't believe your dad paid for a private plane!"

"It's pretty much his only form of parenting." Lottie's lips pulled into a tight smile. "I guess I'll take it."

"Well, thank you Mr. Matthews." Van and Laura Lee laughed, Lottie let out an awkward chuckle when they looked at her.

Violet couldn't help but roll her eyes at their comments, growing annoyed at how nobody could see it was clearly making Lottie uncomfortable. She was even more annoyed at the fact Lottie was two people in front of her, which meant she wasn't able to comfort her in any way.

"How about you guys hurry up?" Violet spoke before anyone could make another comment. "You can talk about the plane later."

Lottie glanced back at Violet over her shoulder. She seemed to get what she was doing, sending her an appreciative and warm smile.