𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢. farewells

━ NEUROSIS ━ CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

NEUROSIS
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX.

━ NEUROSIS ━ CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

────── 〔〕──────

[ 1996 ]

THE DAY OF DEPARTURE was quick to arrive. And the moment that morning had hit the group, the moment the blazing sun beamed through the windows, it only served as a reminder of what was going to happen that day.

That Taissa, along with a few others, were really leaving. And there was no saying for certain that they'd return.

Mostly everyone was gathered outside of the cabin, dotted around in their own little groups. Some were saying their goodbye's, some were gathering their things, and others were helping the group's final preparations.

After saying goodbye to Mari and Akilah, who had recently decided to join Taissa, Violet made her way over to Van next. The red-headed girl watched her approach with a smile, wiggling her eyebrows teasingly.

Violet came to a stop once she reached her, her brows furrowing as she took note of her stance.

"Why are your eyebrows moving like that?" Violet said. "You look weird."

Van grinned. "It's how I look when my plans come together."

"Your plans?" Violet's head tilted in confusion.

"My plans." Van nodded confidently.

"Right..." Violet hummed. "Anyway, I wanted to talk to you, before you left."

"Aw." Van pouted. "I'll miss you too, Violet."

"That's not what I was going to say." Violet rebutted. "Very bold of you to assume that."

"Well," Van remarked. "This is a very wholesome conver—"

"Lottie is going to give you a bone." Violet interrupted.

Van blinked, her lips parting as she thought of a response. "Oh! Okay..."

"Yeah..." Violet pursed her lips. "I wanted to tell you before she came outside. So, just, don't be weird about it. Got it?"