𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐯. stay with me

NEUROSIS ━ CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

NEUROSIS CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR.

NEUROSIS ━ CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

────── 〔〕──────

VIOLET PURSED HER LIPS, nodding her head distantly at the sound of the group exchanging hushed discussions. She knew that they were talking about her. How she had volunteered to join Taissa.

It was clear that most didn't agree with Taissa's plan to find help, and the fact that she had managed to sway someone else to join her only amplified their disagreement more.

But Violet didn't care to listen to what people were saying, simply just looking around at everyone with a blank stare. They couldn't change her mind.

"Seriously, Violet?" Van huffed. "You too?"

"Yeah." Violet shrugged. "Me too."

She briefly caught Taissa's eye and the Turner girl sent her an appreciative nod, thankful that someone else had backed her up.

"Violet," Jackie started, pulling the Crawford girl away form the rest of the group. "You're not actually thinking about going, right?"

"Yeah, I'm actually thinking about it." Violet said. "Well, not thinking. I'm going."

Jackie scoffed, gripping the bridge of her nose. "You can't be fucking serious."

"Weren't you literally on board with this whole plan two minutes ago?" Violet raised a brow.

"Well— Yeah, but," Jackie paused, folding her arms over her chest defensively. "Now I'm not."

"Too late Taylor." Violet grinned, poking her shoulder. "Can't retract it now."

"I'm not joking around." Jackie said sternly. "What if something happens? What if something happens to you? You can't... You can't just leave."

Violet shook her head. "I can't just stay here, either."

"You can actually." Jackie rebutted. "Violet, please. I don't... I don't want you to go."

"I'm sorry Jackie," Violet began. "But that's not a good enough reason for me to stay."