𝐱𝐢𝐯. hidden gem

NEUROSIS ━ CHAPTER FOURTEEN

NEUROSIS CHAPTER FOURTEEN.

NEUROSIS ━ CHAPTER FOURTEEN

────── 〔〕──────

AFTER SENDING Natalie and Travis on their first ever hunting trip, the rest of the group decided to head out into the forest to scavenge for berries in case it didn't work out.

Minus Coach Scott, Shauna, Mari and Javi, who all decided to remain at the cabin.

Also a few of the JV girls... who Violet still didn't know the names of.

Laura Lee looked up at the trees around her. "Are any of these, like, maple syrup trees?"

"What?" Taissa's face scrunched.

"Fuck, I'd kill for some maple syrup right now." Violet huffed, tossing a random acorn she had previously been fiddling with.

"Just... on it's own?" Van chuckled.

"Honestly, at this point, yeah."

Misty, who was a few feet away, had managed to find a bush coated in a batch of berries. She picked a few off their branches and raised them to her mouth, being too hungry to even think it through.

"Hey! Don't—" Akilah rushed towards her with wide eyes, slapping the berries from her hand before she could consume them. "—Eat that kind! It's poisonous."

"Like, kill you, poisonous? Or like, trip your balls off, poisonous?" Van questioned with a grin.

"If it's the second one, pass them over." Violet turned to Akilah with a suggestive look, waiting for her to answer.

"What? I don't know." Akilah shook her head. "My girl scout troop leader didn't get all that specific about it."

"Boringgg." Violet drew out the word.

Van nodded in agreement. "I know right."

"Akilah." Taissa spoke up. She was crouched down behind them, pointing to another berry bush she needed the girl to check.