𝐯𝐢𝐢. frankenstein

NEUROSIS ━ CHAPTER SEVEN

NEUROSIS CHAPTER SEVEN.

NEUROSIS ━ CHAPTER SEVEN

────── 〔〕──────

VIOLET'S EYES BURST OPEN and her breathing instantly quickened, the unfamiliar surroundings sending her into a panic since she was still in a dazed state.

She shot up, regretting how quickly she allowed her body to move, instantly clutching at her stomach due to the sudden and harsh throbbing she felt.

Violet's gaze snapped around her, bouncing from point to point. All she could see was nothing but endless rows of trees. The girl's chest tightened at the sight, it only being a reminder to her that this was in fact not a nightmare.

The crash.

The deaths.

All of it.

It was all real.

"Violet, you're awake!"

Violet didn't take note of someone speaking up behind her, too distracted by her thoughts going a million miles per hour. It wasn't until she felt a gentle hand on the back of her shoulder that she noticed the presence of someone else. Her body recoiled and jerked away at the touch, her fight or flight kicking in.

"Hey, hey, it's okay." Lottie soothed, crouching down at the side of her. "It's just me."

Violet visibly relaxed once Lottie came into view, letting out a breath. She turned her slightly so she could get a better look at the girl, scanning her body worriedly for any injuries.

Lottie smiled warmly at her, catching on to what she was doing. "I'm okay. It's just a few cuts and bruises."

"Are you sure?" Violet checked. "What if there's something you haven't noticed or—"

"Violet." Lottie squeezed her shoulder. "I'm okay. I promise."

Violet nodded in relief at her answer. "How long have I been out?"