𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. it wants

NEUROSIS ━ CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

NEUROSIS CHAPTER EIGHTEEN.

NEUROSIS ━ CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

────── 〔〕──────

IT WASN'T LONG before Violet and Lottie had decided to head back to the cabin and rejoin the rest of the group. They both would've much preferred to have stayed down at the lake, the pair of them equally enjoying the brief peace and quiet.

But sadly, they knew they couldn't stay out there forever.

So, after walking back slower than needed, the pair had finally arrived back at the cabin. And their previous bubble of tranquility had been quick to burst, reality setting in on them once more.

"Have you eaten yet?" Violet asked.

"No, not yet." Lottie shook her head, looking over at the cooking pot. "What even is that anyway?"

Violet pursed her lips. "Deer... porridge."

"Deer porridge?" Lottie quirked a brow in amusement. "It looks like sludge."

"How dare you." Violet turned to Lottie with a faux look of shock. "You're telling me you haven't heard of the five star dish before?"

"I can't say I have, no." Lottie chuckled.

"I've never heard so much disrespect in my life." Violet jested. "You come into our restaurant without having knowledge of our signature dish?"

"You're right, I'm so sorry." Lottie teased. "God, don't tell the others. Whatever will they think of me?"

Violet hummed, pretending to think. "I supposed I could keep this between us... on one condition."

"Oh really?" Lottie's eyes narrowed playfully. "And what's that?"

"Well, you're gonna have to leave us five star review." Violet said, biting back a grin. "We have a reputation to upkeep here."

"I guess I'll have to." Lottie sighed dramatically. "I can't have my disrespect of your food getting out into the open."