13

With Donghyuck backing him up from behind one of the shelves, Renjun slowly approaches Eunah with the flask and a pink paper crane in-hand.

The crane was Miyeon's idea, being more clued-in on Eunah's favourite things.
Her favourite colours are pink and white. Although looking at it now, that was kind of obvious. Most of her clothes and belongings are those colours, right down to her hair ties and bracelets.

The woman herself is currently laying upside-down on a beanbag, one leg resting on the other bent one and her foot wiggling. Her nose is in a book, the third in a mystery fiction series, and she has headphones on with pop music just barely audible to him.

He glances back towards Donghyuck, who sends him a thumbs up and a grin.

You're doing this for the mission... it's just a few words.

Taking a breath, Renjun crouches beside Eunah and taps her shoulder.

She glances up, confused. When she sees him, she takes her headphones down and closes her book– sitting upright.

"Hello," her soft, nervous voice utters.
"Oh, is that–"

"Your flask, yes," he snaps instinctively, raising his brows when he realises she backed off.
"Sorry."

That was painful to say.

"I- It's fine."
She puts on a thin smile and accepts her flask back.

"And I made– here, just take it."

Renjun shoves the crane into her smaller hands, struggling to keep his cool. He doesn't like apologising at the best of times, let alone while trying to get past his own prejudices and defences.

Gentle as ever, she examines the well-made crane with a faint smile– genuine this time.

"Thank you. Pink is my favourite."

"I know. Miyeon told me."

She lets out a small laugh, seeming to feel just as awkward as he does. For once, he doesn't blame her. He can hear her heart pounding almost as much as his own.

"...do you accept my offer, then?"

Speech time... just like we rehearsed.

"It took some convincing, but I accept your offer and I'm sorry for treating you like shit. I hope this is enough for you, 'cause it took me ages to–"

His prepared speech is cut short by a pair of arms wrapping around his torso, almost causing him to fall backwards. Startled, he stiffens with eyes wide.

From behind the bookshelf, Donghyuck raises his brows– covering his mouth to hide the imminent laughter.

Feeling Renjun freeze, Eunah moves back with a worried look.

"Sorry, was that too much?"

"I don't do hugs," he breathes, blinking himself into reality again.

"Noted."

~~~~

Humming to herself, Eunah flitters around the kitchen cooking a large meal for her family. They don't need to eat, of course, but it's her mother's birthday and she wants to surprise her with a meal when she gets home.

Siho and Jongsu are busy decorating the living room with banners and balloons, while Mark and Jeno are trying their hands at cake decorating.

It's not going well for the two, who are now covered in icing and have messed up the writing so badly it looks like someone wiped snot all over the cake.
Namgyo likes green, which isn't a great colour when barely amateur cake decorators are in charge.