17

The spring dance is now in full swing.

Students have flooded the middle of the floor to dance in their own weird ways, Jeno being one of them in an attempt to make Eunah laugh.

For the moment, she's forgotten all about Mark and Yijun, instead having fun with Jeno, Miyeon and Donghyuck.
Renjun is off doing something or other, and hasn't been seen in a little while.

Probably went outside for some fresh air.

"You two are so embarrassing..." Miyeon sighs, watching Donghyuck and Jeno dance like maniacs.

Eunah giggles beside her, enjoying the show.
"What do you mean? They're basically professionals."

As she says this, Donghyuck poses dramatically.
"See? Eunie appreciates talent!"

Smiling, Eunah gently pinches his cheek.
"And you're very talented, aren't you?"

"Yes I am!"

She excuses herself to go to the bathroom, tipsy from a few cocktails.
Not one for strong beverages, she finds herself gravitating towards the sweeter or fruity drinks, which are often all too easy to have more of.

Climbing the carved wooden stairs, she wanders the upstairs corridor in search of the toilets.

The venue itself has spacious balconies either side of the building, on which some students are smoking or chatting amongst themselves.
She walks past a few, glad to finally find the ladies toilets on the other side of the hall.

Entering, she blinks a few times to adjust to the harsher lights. After doing what she needed, she stops by the sinks to wash her hands and check her makeup in the large mirror.

Some of her eyeshadow has smudged a little, so she tries fixing it by blending with her finger. Luckily it's pink, so it doesn't stand out as much against her slightly flushed face.

Eunah fixes her hair, taking a slow, deep breath to calm herself before exiting the bathroom.

She decides to check out the other side of the upstairs hall, wanting to find a free balcony to look at the night sky from.

Only one is available, a familiar figure already leaning against the railing with a drink in his hand.

"Hi, Renjun..." she mumbles, moving to stand beside him.
"Is this where you've been the whole time?"

Her slight slurring of words causes a faint, amused exhale from his nose.

"Have you been drinking?"

"Only a few... Yeon recommended the– the vanilla thing. I can't remember its name..."

"Vanilla Daiquiri."

"Yeah, that one."

She goes quiet, leaning on the railings and admiring the stars with a dreamy smile.
Renjun stares at her, knowing she'd never notice, watching her slight, drunken sway and the way she slowly blinks in wonder at the night sky.

"Where are your Angel friends?"

Eunah shrugs.
"Jeno's with Hyuck and Yeon, I think. Mark's with Yijun, so I don't care about him right now..."

Raising his brows, Renjun turns to also look at the stars.
"She's here?"

"He invited her... I like her dress, but she's so mean..."

He's noticed something about Eunah. Even when she has every reason to hate someone, she never targets their appearance.

"What's her dress got to do with it?"