45

TW: Self/Bodily Harm, Blood

"Heesun!"

Hearing her name, the woman in question turns around– Taeri doing the same beside her. They raise their brows at an exhausted-looking Renjun, who pauses to take a breath.

"Have you– have you seen Eunah?" he breathes, looking at her through messy, blond hair.

"No, she asked to be left alone for a little bit. Why?"

"Shit. Uh– thanks, anyway."

Just as he's about to leave, Taeri clears her throat. He glances her way with a frown, Heesun tilting her head.

"I... may have an idea," she mutters, not completely sure. "Is something wrong?"

"We can't find her anywhere, and she didn't go home last night."

The two women share a look of concern, Heesun's hand hovering over her parted lips.

"She was on the roof of the art building last time I saw her," Taeri informs.
"Maybe she's there again."

"Okay– thanks."

He rushes off before they can respond, Heesun immediately grabbing her phone to call the missing Angel.

In the cafeteria, Jeno is leaning on the table with his head buried in folded arms. Donghyuck is beside him, also incredibly concerned, trying his best to comfort him.

"He'll find her, I'm sure of it."

"But– we looked everywhere!" Jeno protests. "The park, the libraries, her house! Where else would she be...?"

"I don't know, but– if anyone's gonna find her, it'll be Jun. Argument or not, he won't give up until she's safe."

"I hope you're right..."

Donghyuck's phone pings with a message from Renjun, which he reads aloud.
"Jun said she might be on the roof of the art building. He's going to check."

"The art building...?"

He shrugs.
"Worth a try, right?"

"I suppose..."

The Demon's expression turns sour at the sight of someone else approaching, which causes Jeno to look in the same direction.
Mark is shuffling over, hands fidgeting behind his back. He clears his throat.

"I don't suppose either of you have seen Eunah... have you?"

Jeno puts a hand out to stop Donghyuck from jumping him, instead shaking his head.
"No, we haven't. Why?"

"I just wanted to talk to her. Thanks anyway."

The Archangel walks off, feeling sharp burns in the back of his head from where Donghyuck is glaring at him. He tries to ignore it, instead leaving the room to look for Eunah.

~~~~

Weary and frantic, Renjun finally reaches the metal door to the roof. Six flights of stairs will do that to a person, especially one already tired and so desperate to get to the top.

He shoves the door open, not caring for the weight, and stumbles out into the warm sun and faint breeze. His hand comes to rest over his forehead, blocking out the light.

Sitting by the railing, watching the people below, is Eunah.

His face brightens up with relief, which is immediately forced away when his eyes adjust.

A large bloodstain covers the back of her top, just visible beneath the white wings she has pulled around her front. Stretched like that, the sections connected to the rest of her body are fully visible– dripping with fresh blood that pools in the creases of skin and gaps between her otherwise pristine feathers.
It glimmers in the sun, speckles of gold mixed with deep red. As she pulls at the wings again, her wound bursts with a new river of the sanguine substance– at which, any other Demon would be foaming at the mouth, ready to devour.