YOURS

'No.....'

Shivali gasped opening her eyes and looked around to see herself in a dark place with light coming from behind her and turned around to see Kal sitting before the fire with his upper body naked.

Shivali sighed in peace "Oh thank mom it worked".

Kal narrowed his eyes" What worked?"

"Are you alright?" Shivali asked.

"We would not be here if I wasn't" Kal took the twigs from the ground and added them to the fire.

Shivali looked around "What is this place?"

"It's one of the secret hideouts for the tribe. We're in the deeper parts of the forest" Kal threw her a box making her catch it "Clean your wounds".

Shivali opened the box to see a paste made out of leaf and some bandages making her take it out and rub it on her elbow. She tried bandaging her arm but it was not possible with her single arm.

Kal sighed before walking to her and sat down on his knees in front of her and tied the bandage on her elbow. She noticed scratches around his neck and took out more medicine before bringing it to his neck.

He held her wrist even before she could touch him "I don't need help! Take care of yourself" and left her hand and was about to stand up but she held his shoulders and straddled him locking him in place.

"Since you saved my life, think of it as a small repayment" Shivali applied the medicine on Kal's neck.

It wasn't deep scratches but it still left a mark due to the rope strangling when they were caught. She felt bad for making him go through everything that's happening and betraying his own kind and deciding to ask the one question she stopped herself from asking "Why are doing all this? I thought you hated me".

"I still hate you" His words made her look up as he continued "But shouldn't I take care of my wife" raising his eyebrow.

'We are born out of greed, hatred and desire to power. It runs in our blood we can't outrun our destiny'

Her mother's words replayed in her mind and her focused on Kal's eyes before she rolled her eyes "You only tied two knots so I'm technically your half wife".

Kal nodded "You noticed huh".

She completed his first aid "You've a tattoo".

He followed her gaze to his left side of the chest "Every Rudhira has one".

She frowned "I don't".

"You weren't initiated" He cleared her doubt.

"Won't you go to hell if you're tattooed, why are you going to empty instead?" She asked.

He nodded "That's the price we have to pay for taking up tasks to kill the daanavas. That's why we are not allowed to use the sacred pool".

"It's a punishment! To protect everyone and get punished for all the protection" She looked at the tattoo with sad eyes.

"I don't need your pity" He stated out looking at her expression.

She raised her head up looking straight into his eyes with brutal honesty "It's not pity. I'm just thinking what if I haven't come into your life. You would've been happier doing your work and I would be away and doing my work too"  as she caressed the scratches on his neck "And now you've to face all of this for me".

"I'm not doing this for yo-mhh" His words were cut off by her lips pressing against his.