☆ Party People ☆

(This is what Evelyn wore to Amy's party under the tea party dress. ^)

I groaned as I followed Hartley down the stairs in a purple and blue obnoxious tea party dress. Our grandma made us try them on for Hartleys birthday.

"It looks even better than I imagined!" Grandma said, making me smile sarcastically at Jake, who was a little too amused by this. I turned my head when I heard Amy walking down in the same style of dress.

"It's better than I imagined too!" Jake said sarcastically as he pulled his phone out and took a picture of Amy.
"Who's a pretty princess?" He grinned.

"What do you think, baby?" Celia (she did not deserve the grandma award right now) asked Hartley and I.

"I wanna throw myself off a bridge -" I started to say before getting elbowed by Hartley before she interrupted. "I love it! It's fantastic. Can't wait for the tea party!"

"Okay! Well, now that I know these dresses are winners, I can go pick out mine. Tea you later!" Celia joked as she walked towards the door, stopping by jake. "Still not invited."

I faked a smile as she walked towards the door, watching for the door to close. As the door closed, I dropped my smile and pulled the huge bow off my head.

"What's it worth to you to stop me from posting this picture?" Jake asked as he showed us the picture he had taken of Amy.

"Can you really put a price on your teeth?" Amy threatened, making me chuckle.

"Eh, I'll take my chances." Jake shrugged, turning and walking up the stairs.

"Hartley, how can you actually like this?" Amy said, pulling her bow off and walking towards the couch.

"I don't! I mean, I used to when I was little, but now it's just a tradition that means a lot to my grandma. I don't want to hurt her feelings." Hartley said, walking up next to Amy as I leaned against the back of the couch.

"I will for you." I said with a smile.

"So you're willing to dress like a grandma to avoid offending your grandma? Very Hartley." Amy said as I nodded in agreement. "What are the kids at school gonna say?"

"Nothing. It's too embarrassing to invite them. So, usually, it's just me, Evelyn, my grandma, and her friends who complain that the tea makes them gassy." Hartley said as I made a face.

"Wow, and I thought it was bad enough wearing the worst outfit ever." Amy said as we turned to watch Mr and Mrs Madden and Colby walking down the stairs. "Second-worse outfit ever." Amy finished as she looked at her dad.

"For your information, this is what regular people wear on vacation. And I have to say, I do like all the pocket space in these shorts equipped for cargo." Mr Madden smiled proudly as he showed off his shorts.

"What vacation?" Amy asked, confused.

"Mom and dad are taking me to a water park for the weekend." Colby said, standing beside me, making me mouth go agape.

"Oh, that sounds like nice, wholesome fun." Hartley said with a smile.

"So we can pull villainous pranks on people!" Mrs Madden said with a smirk.

"And there it is." Hartley said, not surprised.

"We're gonna clog the water slides with floaties, and we're gonna dye the wave pool a horrifying blood red!" Mrs Madden gushed, making me roll my eyes.

"Or maybe even yellow!" Colby said, walking out of the closet with a pool floatie on his head.

"What's so scary about a pool of yellow water - oh no! Never mind. I got it." Hartley said, disgusted.