☆ Fired Up ☆

(Do I even need to do this anymore? Lol)

I sneezed as I made my way up the maddens front porch, wiping my nose lightly with my arm sleeve. I had a small cold, probably from standing in the rain so long yesterday. Did I regret it? Not at all.

I sniffled lightly as I opened the front door to see a tired looking Colby on the couch, making me frown lightly.

"Hey, how you feeling?" I said with a sympathetic smile as I walked towards the couch.

"Oh, hey baby." He mumbled, shivering slightly as he pulled the blanket a little farther up his body.

I frowned, walking over and sitting on the edge of the couch beside him. He smiled as he grabbed my hand, beginning to play with the rings on my fingers.

We both turned our heads when we heard someone knocking on the door. I began to stand up, getting pulled back down by Colby, making me playfully roll my eyes.

Hartley walked in, rolling her eyes at the two of us on the couch.

"Don't get up, I'll just let myself in." She sarcastically said.

"Great, while you're at it, can you let yourself back out?" Colby said with a sarcastic smile, motioning to the door.

"What's with the attitude? Oh, did you finally realize the whole Chosen One thing means nothing to anyone but you?" Hartley said, smiling sarcastically once again.

"No, I have a fever." Colby said, motioning to his head.

"Huh, weird. Evelyn hasn't been feeling the best either." Hartley said, making me widen my eyes, lightly clearing my troat. I turned my head back to Colby to see him smirking at me playfully.

"Oh, great, does that mean you're gonna start being all needy?" Mr Madden said, walking down the stairs, Hartley lightly glaring at him. "I mean, ah, what can I get for you, sick child?"

"Don't worry, Colby, I'll make you some soup, and you'll feel better in no time." Hartley said, excitingly skipping to the kitchen.

Colby grabbed my hand as he began to sit up. I shifted my body so he would have more room, moving to sit next to him. He lightly put his arm around my waist, pulling me closer.

"Well, that may work for normal people, but not with us supervillains. When we get a fever, we don't just feel sick. Our powers start to glitch randomly." Mr Madden explained.

"I think you're underestimating my chicken noodle game." Hartley smiled proudly.

"No, he's right. Once the glitches kick in, you can't stop them. The last time Jake was sick, his super-strength tore every door off its hinges. It was a good month for the handyman." Colby agreed with Mr Madden, making me smile lightly.

"Colby, you're not leaving the house until your fever breaks. Hartley, I'll take my soup in a bread bowl." Mr Madden said as he sat down on the chair to the left of us.

"Ev and I can keep you company. Ooh, we can look at photos from my last Sunshine Club event. We had a Good Deeds contest. Guess who won? Everyone. Because we all win when we do good deeds." Hartley exclaimed excitedly, leaning beside Colby and scrolling through her phone.

"Can you do a good deed for me now and leave? Sorry, it's the fever talking." Colby said before he began to blink in and out of visibility. I sat up lightly, a concerned look on my face.

"Uh, what was that?" Hartley pointed at Colby as he finally stopped glitching. I sighed as he turned and squeezed my hip, telling me he was okay. I smiled as I relaxed back into the couch.