☆ Villain Number One ☆

(^)

"So just like that, Havoc is the new leader of all villains?" Jake chuckled as we all followed after him. "I'm sorry, but that's hysterical."

"Why is it hysterical?" Amy breathed out, rolling her eyes at her teenage brother.

"Well, no offense, you're already an unpredictable mess. Throw in all that power, and we're walking a tightrope to the apocalypse." Jake said as Colby sat down in the bench beside him, me following after him.

"Chaos! Hey, show some support for your sister." Mrs. Madden snapped, walking towards Jake. "I mean, we're all thinking it. It doesn't mean you have to say it out loud." She mumbled towards the boy just loud enough for him to hear.

"You don't think I can do it, do you?" Amy scoffed at her moms comment.

"Did the whole "unpredictable mess" thing not make that clear?" Colby said, making me lightly elbow him in the arm.

"Don't look at me. I'm terrified just thinking about it." Mr. Madden said as he watched all eyes turn to him.

"For your information, I will make a great leader." Amy said matter-of-factly.

"I can't believe you're considering this. What about all the hard work you've put into becoming a better person? And what about me? Would you really abandon your best friend?" Hartley reasoned, looking down at her hands as she began to play with them.

"Of course not." Amy scoffed, "That's what cell phones are for."

"Hey, Havoc, being a leader is more work than you think. And with no experience, you'll be in a way over your head." Mrs. Madden tried to explain to her daughter as I leaned my head on Colbys shoulder.

This day has been so long and abnormal, and I was as tired as ever.

"No, I can do this. I'll just pick it up as I go." Amy exclaimed confidently.

"Right, 'cause if Valley View High has taught us anything, it's she's a fast learner." Jake said sarcastically, sitting down on the bench on the other side of Colby.

"Mom, you always wanted a higher villain position. Now that I'm a leader, you can be my number two." Amy said, turning to her mom with a look of hope.

"Oh, I appreciate that, my love. But I kinda prefer Valley View. Mostly because I get to sleep in a bed rather than a subway car full of rats." Mrs. Madden confessed.

"But this is our chance to finally return to our villain lives. I mean, isn't that what we always wanted?" Amy asked, confused with how her family was acting.

"Well, it was. But living in Valley View has changed us. I mean, we're still evil, but now, when it's chilly, we get to cuddle up in those blankets with sleeves." Mr Madden said admiringly, making me raise my head off Colbys shoulder, furrowing my eyebrows in confusion. Colby turned to look at me as I did so.

"Who introduced that man to snuggies?" I said, finally getting what Mr Madden meant.

"What about Flashform? He hasn't even gotten to be a villain yet. Don't you want to stay?" Amy said, completely ignoring my comment as she turned to colby.

"Nah. Using my powers to mess with the unsuspecting suckers in Texas is a lot more fun. Those soccer moms never see it coming." Colby smiled brightly at the thought, making me smile at him before shaking my head.

"Come on, let's go home." Mr Madden said, making Jake, Colby, and I stand up from the bench.

"So that's it? I'm the leader,  and I don't even get a say in this?" Amy asked in disbelief.