☆ Havoc-ween ☆

(Normal outfit before Evelyn changes into her Halloween costume and Evelyn's Halloween costume above)

"Happy Halloween!" Hartley yelled as she opened the door to the maddens' house, making me cringe at how loud she was.

"Ahh!" Jake and Amy yelled, surprised.

"I'm sorry. I'm just really excited. Halloween is my favorite time of year." Hartley said as we walked into the house. "Oh. Come on, I have something to show you!" Hartley said as she practically dragged Amy out of the house.

"Whoa! What's all this?!" Amy asked, looking around at the newly decorated lawn.

"I wanted to make your first Halloween extra special. So I decorated your yard. Do you like it?" Hartley said happily.

"I tried to get her not to go all out, but she kept throwing things in the cart when I wasn't looking." I said to jake, rolling my eyes and crossing my arms, making him chuckle.

"Well, it's a little over the top, but I guess that's your brand." Amy said, looking at Hartley and laughing.

"I think it looks great, Hartley! I especially love the way the lights cast just the right glow on Amy's disgusted face." Jake said, smiling sarcastically at amy.

"Well, I'm gonna go back inside before someone mistakes me for being fun and festive." Amy said, walking into the house as we followed her.

"Come on, Amy. It's your first Halloween. Let's see some holiday spirit!" Hartley said, leaning on the back of the couch behind Amy. I made my way to stand next to the right of her.

"Uh, did someone say spirit?! Look who just showed up in the mail!" Mrs. Madden said, walking into the living room with colby and Mr. Madden, holding a weird blue glowing cristal ball.

"Hello, my lovelies!" The blue ball said in an old lady voice, making me furrow my eyebrows in curiosity.

"What is that thing?!" Hartley shouted, confused.

"Hey, I don't talk about your grandmother like that." Amy said back.

"Grandmother?!" Hartley said, confused as I leaned against the back of the couch.

"Yeah, that's right. My mother's spirit is in an orb!" Mrs. Madden said proudly.

"The storage facility was gonna throw her away, so we had them ship her here. The one piece of mail the post office couldn't lose!" Mr. Madden said, annoyed.

"Step in here and say it to my face!" The orb threatened Mr. Madden.

"Okay, hold up. Why is your grandma in an orb?" Hartley asked, curious and stern.

"Because glass is the only thing that will keep her trapped." Jake said.

"Yeah, her villain spirit is super dangerous. She can take over any object or person. She's basically a blue-haired body snatcher." Colby explained, making me nod slowly with my eyebrows furrowed.

"Which allows her to act out the evilest of deeds. Remember when her spirit was loose? None of us were safe.She's just itching to get loose and reclaim the title of most dangerous villain in the world." Mrs. Madden warned us.

"How could you ditch your grandma and move to Texas to be a normal family? "The Maddens"? Really?" The blue orb said after Mrs. Madden placed it, or her?, on the coffee table.

"We left in a hurry. If I didn't have time to bring my favorite underpants, I certainly didn't have time to bring you." Mr. Madden said, sitting down in the chair, making me furrow my eyebrows in disgust, and a shiver went down my spine.