☆ Overnight Success ☆

(I really like this one ^)

"Woah, why does the school look like the inside of a spaceship?" I chuckled, looking around at the tin foil covering almost every surface in the courtyard of the school. I turned to see Colby making me smile as I walked up to stand next to him.

"Well, Colby, would you care to explain why our courtyard looks like a cheaply-made movie where the robots take over? Which they will, eventually. It's only a matter of time before I'm replaced by a cyborg in designer glasses." Mr Tennyson said, making me look in between the two confused.

"Look, I didn't do this." Colby tried to defend himself.

"And why should I believe you?"

"Well, for starters, this looks like a lot of work, and I'm pretty lazy." He said as I looked at Mr Tennyson, nodding in agreement at colbys statement.

"Evelyn, you're late, I see. Which doesn't surprise me with your attendance record." Mr Tennyson said, crossing his arms at me.

"Listen, to be fair, I still don't even know why I'm here." I shrugged, also crossing my arms as mrs. Madden walked in.

"Oh, Mrs. Madden, thank you for gracing us with your presence, half an hour late." Mr Tennyson said as Him, Colby, and I sat down.

"She's also lazy. Kinda runs in the family." Colby shrugged.

"Your son tin-foiled our courtyard. Fortunately, Daphne caught him in the act, told me to look in his backpack, and when I did, I found these!" Mr Tennyson explained, pulling tin foil out of Colbys bag.

"Colby! Ugh, we've been over this. Always destroy the evidence." Mrs Madden mumbled to him.

"Okay, I still don't know why I'm here." I said, crossing my arms once again and leaning into my chair, making the girl who I'd learned was Daphne glare at me lightly.

"Daphne said she wasn't surprised when she saw you helping Colby tin foil the room. How very disappointed I am." Mr Tennyson said, making me furrow my eyebrows before turning to see Daphne smirking at me.

"To think that they'd waste a perfectly good household item... I bet there's some poor soul out there who can't even wrap their leftovers right now." Daphne said, shaking her head, very badly acting, I may say.

"She's lying! We're being framed!" Colby said as the two gasped in front of us.

"Daphne would never do that! And I should know because she's my niece. She's always been a good girl. She didn't even cry as a baby." Mr Tennyson defended his niece.

"And burden my family? Never!" Daphne gasped, making me scoff and roll my eyes.

"The key is a good swaddle. Sometimes, her mother, Lulu, and I would swaddle each other while we watched our soaps." Mr Tennyson said, making Colby, Mrs Madden, and I look at the man child in front of us. "Colby, Evelyn, im giving you a month's detention."

"Wait, what?" I said, sitting up a little.

"Come on, Daphne. I need you to help swaddle me for my midday nap." Mr Tennyson said as Daphne and him got up to walk away.

"Okay, who does that girl think she is?" I scoffed, standing up.

"Look, she framed us, and I'm gonna prove it. I'll just bait her into doing something bad, and when I catch her, I'll turn her over to Tennyson." Colby said, also standing up.

"Colby, that plan sounds pure evil, and I'm not gonna let you guys do it." Mrs Madden said, making us look at her weird as she smirked. "Without my supervision." She finished making us smile at her.