☆ No Escape - Part 1 ☆

( Start imaging with day 1 outfit ^ )

I rolled my eyes as I sluggishly followed Hartley into the Maddens kitchen. She was looking for some boy she had invited over to hang out. If you ask me, he seems pretty weird.

"Declan? Oh, there you are. I've been looking for you everywhere." Hartley said as the tall boy walked through the backdoor, hands behind his back.

"Oh, I was out back. I wanted to surprise you with something as pretty as you." He said, pulling a thing of flowers out from behind him.

"Gag me with a spoon!" I said in-between fake gags as I held my hand against my chest, making Hartley turn and glare at me.

"Aw!" She said, turning back to Declan, taking the flowers. "Is it because you know tomorrow is the one-month anniversary of the day we met?"

"Well, it's not because I didn't know that." Declan said awkwardly as Mr and Mrs. Madden, Jake, and Amy walked into the kitchen.

"Yay! Hartley finally found Declan!" Amy said in a sarcastic, excited tone, blowing her tongue out at him, making me smirk at her as I sat down at the kitchen table.

"Hiding from your significant other? I'm with you." Mrs Madden said to Declan, chuckling.

"Hartley! Did your annoying friend just cut my prized begonias?" Grandma could be heard yelling from outside, making me giggle a little.

"Annoying? I thought she liked me." Declan said, disappointed.

"Yeah, it doesn't take much for her to turn the boat around." Jake said, putting the cap back on his drink.

"Don't make me come over there!" Grandma yelled once again.

"Yes, please don't make her come over here." Mr Madden said as I got up from the kitchen chair and followed him, mrs. Madden and Jake out of the kitchen and into the living room.

Colby sat on the couch and looked up when we walked in, awkwardly making eye contact with me. We both quickly looked away as we did so. Things were now even more weird after things in the closet, and it felt so off.

I looked back up and awkwardly smiled at him before going to sit in the chair to his left, Amy and Declan walked in shortly after.

"Look, I know you and I didn't exactly... get off on the right foot." Delcan said to Amy.

"Mostly because you're shady." Amy said, sitting down on the couch arm beside Colby.

"I'm not shady." Declan defended.

"You're a little shady." Colby said in agreement as I nodded my head.

"Well, I was hoping we could work together to pull off something special." Declan said, ignoring Colby.

"I see where you're going with this, and I'm happy to drive the moving van. Where are we headed? Nevada is nice, sunny. But again, you're shady, so that'll balance out nicely." Amy said, smiling at the tall boy sarcastically.

"Hartley told me she loves escape rooms. And a new one just opened in Valley View. And since she considers you family, I was hoping everyone could go. That way, when she shows up, we can all surprise her." Declan said, making me furrow my eyebrows.

"Not it!" I said quickly, putting my finger on my nose, Colby following after me.

"Oh, I love escaping things. Just yesterday, I made a hasty exit from the market. Apparently, it's illegal to steal food." Mrs Madden said as I shook my head in amusement.

"Escape room, huh? I can escape from anywhere in seconds because, you know, genius. But I'm happy to tag along and point out your failures." Mr Madden said, grinning at himself.