Chapter 23 Task Completion

As the information about the two items flashed before his eyes, Gu Xi's eyes lit up as well.

He first picked up the arm. As soon as he grasped it, he felt a weight in his hand. With Gu Xi's strength, he nearly failed to lift the arm in front of him.

This startled Gu Xi. He looked down and found that although the arm was pure black and its exterior had been twisted out of shape, it was clearly a metal arm.

From the condition of the arm, it was a left arm. At the cut where it was severed, red and green wires could be seen writhing.

It was evident that this was a plug-and-play type of arm.

On the deltoid area, there was a conspicuous red star emblem.

[Ding! You have discovered a quest item. You can activate a temporary quest!]

[Temporary Quest: Sealed Power]

[Quest Description: Find all the parts and assemble them into a complete body!]

[Quest Requirements: Find seven sealed parts (0/7), assemble and defeat the assembled entity (0/1)]

[Quest Reward: Contract Puppet (level based on the average level of retrieved parts).]

[Note 1: The sealed parts are head, left arm, right arm, chest, waist, left leg, right leg.]

[Note 2: Each part has many different components and effects. Choose the ones you find most suitable for assembly.]

Looking at the quest, Gu Xi was momentarily puzzled. How could there be various choices for just seven body parts?

He quickly realized that this must be a long-term quest, not something that could be completed in the current game world.

Instead, it was likely that various parts could be found across many games, allowing for multiple options.

Understanding the nature of the quest, Gu Xi put away the arm. He accepted the quest, but he knew that finding the sealed parts wouldn't be easy.

Now was not the time to ponder this. Gu Xi's attention turned to the surviving forty-some skeletons.

Upon inspecting the skeletons, Gu Xi was shocked to discover the severe losses he had suffered.

Battle Squad 1 was entirely wiped out, not even leaving a single seed behind.

Battle Squad 2 was left with only six skeletons. Battle Squad 3 fared slightly better with 19 surviving skeletons since they had been further away. Battle Squad 4 had 18 skeletons remaining.

Among these skeletons, all the skeleton warriors were also wiped out, leaving only three skeleton soldiers. The rest were all level 1 and level 2 skeletons.

In just one battle, Gu Xi's combat strength had completely collapsed.

If another battle like this occurred, he wouldn't even be able to withstand regular black specters like the previous two waves, let alone a giant black specter.

Gu Xi quickly turned his focus to dealing with the remaining skeletons.

"Hurry up and harvest the battlefield. Pile up the barricades again. Use the specter beads for enhancement without worrying about consumption."

Before Gu Xi could finish speaking, a blinding light suddenly shone from the two-story building behind him. A bright moon appeared in the sky, breaking through the darkness and casting light on the ground.

Gu Xi noticed that where the moonlight touched, a thin layer of frost appeared on the ground at a visible speed.

He also felt the surrounding temperature drop rapidly, as if winter had suddenly arrived.

Even the bonfires Gu Xi had lit on the street became noticeably smaller.

Gu Xi stood up straight, holding the eerie head in one hand and a bone club in the other, looking seriously in the direction of the two-story building.

However, the cold air did not harm Gu Xi and the others but continued to spread outward, forming a huge ring with a radius of nearly six hundred meters centered on the two-story building.

Within the ring, everything changed in appearance.

The positions and styles of the buildings remained unchanged, but the materials and some decorative details had changed significantly.

The stone and wood structures of the houses had turned into ice and bones.

Skull decorations were visible on doors and beams.

Most importantly, the ground had turned into an ice surface. If one scraped away the snow starting to accumulate, the sewers below the ice surface could even be seen.

"This..."

[Temporary Quest: Dead City progress has changed. The council hall transformation is complete.]

[Temporary Quest: Dead City (Completed)]

[Quest Reward: Necromancer skill - Dead City.]

[Dead City Level 1: Lock a player-owned necromancer city as the Dead City. It is used to train and store undead troops. You can consume 5 mana points to open a city gate on the battlefield. The undead troops from the city can freely enter and exit the city and battlefield through the gate.]

[Note 1: The level cap of the Dead City is the player's level +8.]

[Note 2: Only one city can be locked as the Dead City. Other cities are not under the control of the Dead City.]

[Note 3: The skill level corresponds to the city level. As the city upgrades, the skill will also upgrade.]

[Note 4: To open a gate on the battlefield, the Dead City must first have a gate.]

Seeing this new skill, Gu Xi's eyes lit up. The quest was completed?

Had he already captured this city?

As Gu Xi was getting excited, the door of the two-story building suddenly burst open with a loud bang, and Luna floated out.

Upon seeing Gu Xi, Luna excitedly said, "Master."

"What's the situation?"

"We have captured one-third of the city. The total area is 0.9 square kilometers. All the areas that have changed are ours. Besides this small building becoming the council hall, there are three other buildings in the area that have been affected.

One is a church in the southeast corner, another is a candle factory in the northwest corner, and the last one is a well over there, which is the entrance to the sewers. These three buildings have become special structures.

Their functions and activation requirements are written on the map."

A map?

Gu Xi looked through Luna's figure towards the interior of the building. He noticed that the dining room on the first floor had changed. The various utensils on the dining table had been put away, and a parchment map was pinned to the table with a small knife.

Next to the map was an inkwell made from a skull, with a quill pen inserted in it.

As Gu Xi walked up to the map, a [ding] sound echoed in his ears before he could read the information on the map.