Epilogue (Part 1)|✓

Epilogue (Part 1)

"Are you sure that you want to give me this?" Zach pointed to my first ever successful painting. It took me days before I finished my painting, I nodded. He looked at me ridiculously. "Did something happen to you? You're giving me the thing you treasured, the first painting that you did."

"So?" I raised my brows. "It was my first ever painting, so you better treasure it."

He scoffed, "First you give me your first ever guitar, now your first ever painting. Tsk. I know you're moving to the Philippines, that's why you're giving me you things."

I went silent. My parents had already planned on moving to the Philippines since I was in first grade and I just went quiet. That's when I started to study about the Philippines and the language. Years of practicing Tagalog and I thought it would never happen but my mom was just waiting for me until I reached fourth grade.

Everything was well planned by them from papers that are needed for migration. They already planned it and in my fifth grade, I would be staying in the Philippines. This would be difficult but I can manage I guess.

"Keep it.." that's the only thing I said after a minute of being silent, he stared at me for a second before looking at my painting.

"Yes maestro, I will." He nodded, I was the one who taught him about the things he wanted to do.

From playing an instrument to arts, I did all my best to teach him what he needs. He's a fragile kid, that's why he is sometimes being left behind by the other kids and even in their class, Eunice and I keep teaching him and he's a smart kid to learn everything fast so that he won't miss anything in his class.

Zach, Eunice and I are very close to each other, we don't want anyone left behind. We treasure each other so much that sometimes we were called siblings.

"Ian put that dustpan down!"

I looked at Lucius who's shouting while he's sweeping on the ground. Those leaves kept falling from the tree and we couldn't do anything but to clean it, that's an order from our teacher too. I never thought I wouldn't have friends because of the new environment I was in.

But then there's three crazy boys who keep shouting to each other even if they're just meters away from each other. Lucius sat beside me that's why we became friends and Ian and Jayden sat in front of us and whenever they had something to talk about they would always turn their head to us.

I remember our first talk was when Jayden shared something to Lucius and here's Ian being a good chismoso, he's attentively listening to them and the topic was the teacher who farted in the middle of her class. I remembered how they looked at me and Jayden made a smile.

"Kilala mo ang teacher na sinasabi ko diba?" He asked me bubbly, the smile on his face never left. I can understand everything he said because I learned their language for a very long time.

"I am a transferee student.." I don't know what to say, so I stated the real obvious.

I saw how they looked at me in shock and gave me their full attention as if I am sort of painting inside a museum! Then the interrogation started and I was honestly answering them, there's nothing to hide from them. From that they, whenever they have gossip they would join me.

Whenever they go to the canteen, I am also with them and whenever they go, I am also with them. Funny thing is that we're only blocks away from each other's shows, it means we have the same Zone place. They would invite me if there's an occasion or if they feel like it, the four of us would gather in anyone's house.