7. NINE HUNDRED DOLLARS

AFTER THE HIT AND RUN, the two couples went to pick Lily up from her friend's house before driving to Jay's house. Cam, Chloe and Daniel all still frustrated with the accident whilst Mitchell tried to get them all to let it go, saying that running after or driving after the guy would have been too dangerous. 

The conversation even continuing as they all entered Jay's house. Chloe looked the most annoyed of them all. Her neck wasn't hurting as bad as it had been when the incident happened, but it still felt quite sore, to the point where every bump Mitchell drove over caused her to groan in pain. 

"Hola, Lily, how are you?" Gloria asked sweetly as they all entered the house just after the Dunphy's got in.

"Dad's, Aunt Chloe and Uncle Dan are all fighting."

"No, we're not fighting," Cam shook his head.

"No, not at all, honey. Uh, go and play honey," Mitchell told her, pushing the little girl towards the dining table. When she was out of earshot Mitchell looked back at Jay and Gloria, "Okay. The reason we're fighting is 'cause this one thinks he's Dirty Harry," Mitch pointed at Cam.

"Having a tough time picturing Clint Eastwood in that shirt," Jay commented.

"Okay, let me ask you something," Cam said, "Today at a stoplight, a guy ran into our car and then just took off. Dan, Chloe and I wanted to chase after him. Mitchell..."

"Kept a level head and called the police."

"Police," Luke scoffed as he walked past them wearing a pair of sunglasses, "Aren't they too busy winning the war on drugs?"

All the adults watched as he walked towards the kitchen. Sharing confused looks. 

"Okay, so who out of us did the right thing?" Mitchell asked, waving Luke's strange behaviour off.

"Oh, by the way, I got injured," Chloe added, lifting her hand.

Jay and Gloria both widened their eyes, the latter of the two gasping and rushing over to the younger woman.

"Ay, how injured?"

"Whiplash," Chloe said, a pained look on her face when she turned her neck, "Hurts like a bitch so I'm gonna get a heating pad and lie on your couch after this discussion, up until dinner is ready."

"Hit-and-run, gotta chase them down," Jay nodded, "Especially if they injured my daughter."

"I chase the people all the time," Gloria confessed, shrugging as she walked off towards the kitchen.

Mitchell shook his head, "No, no, no. That-That's irresponsible and dangerous. Okay, what if he had been armed?"

Cameron shook his head, "He wasn't armed. He had a Hillary bumper sticker."