4. GIRL'S DAY

CHLOE STOOD IN THE DUNPHY kitchen, leaning against the counter texting on her phone as she waited for Gloria to arrive, whilst Claire walked around her, preparing to bake some chocolate chip cookies. 

"I'm surprised you're already awake," Claire commented. After all, it was a Saturday and most days Chloe would sleep in until the afternoon after a long night of partying. The fact that it hadn't even turned one yet and she was already upstairs and out of the basement, fully dressed and with a fresh coat of make-up did catch Claire by surprise.

She heard the front door open as Gloria announced herself before walking into the kitchen with Manny.

"I've got a hot date later, so need to get a new dress," Chloe shrugged casually as she looked up from her phone to greet Manny and Gloria.

"Manny brought his favorite game to play with Luke."

Manny took it out of his backpack and held it up for Claire to see, "It's called Empire. You use strategy to expand territories and take over the world."

"Luke is going to love that. He's out back playing," Claire told him. 

"Do you need us to get you something while we're out shopping?" Gloria asked.

"That's such a nice offer, but I think we're good. Thanks."

"Okay, what about this?" Alex asked, entering the kitchen and going straight over to her mom, showing her the outfit she wore, which consisted of a light blue, long sleeved shirt and some light pants. 

Claire scoffed, "You don't even say 'hello' to Gloria and Manny?"

"Hi, Gloria and Manny," Alex waved at the mother and son before looking back at Claire, "Okay, mom, what about this?"

"No. You're wearing a dress."

"Mom, come on," Alex groaned.

Chloe groaned as well, "You two still on this?"

Claire glared at her sister, "Yes, we are," She looked back at Alex, "What? It's gonna kill you to look like a girl for one afternoon?"

"But it's a wedding for some friend of yours I never even heard of."

"It's non-negotiable. You could borrow a dress of Haley's again."

Alex sighed and shook her head, "No, that sends an ugly message...That I'm Haley. You know, instead of trying to force me to wear a dress, why don't you worry about getting Luke to wear some pants?"

"What?" Claire furrowed her brows before she glanced out of the back door, her eyes widening when she spotted Luke bouncing on the trampoline with a box on his head wearing no shirt or trousers, "Why does he do this?" She muttered as she walked over to the door and banged it, gaining his attention, "Luke! Pants! Come on!"