CHAPTER 86

Dwayne POV

Fuck this life! She is pale and it's obvious to her face that there is poison in her body. And there are only two possibilities, its either she was poisoned by a snake bite or because of the wound on her face. If the weapon that grazed her face had poison on it, that could be the reason why she fainted.

"BELLA!" Kaiden shouted as he approached our position.

"Take her to the helicopter, Kaiden," I told him, and he glared at me angrily.

"If my sister dies from poison, I will eradicate your clan, including you, Dwayne. Mark my words," he threatened me before carrying Mary to the helicopter.

"Elias and Luke, get out of here at once. Leave us alone," I ordered, and concern was shown on their faces as they looked at me.

"But--"

"No buts, go with Kaiden," I said seriously, and they had no choice but to leave with Kaiden.

After they left, I reload my gun and aimed it at my mother while I am giving her a sharp look as if I was threatening her life. I could easily kill, even if my own mother was in front of me. If she doesn't explain herself properly to me, I wouldn't hesitate to shoot and kill her.

"Why did you do all of this? What is your problem with Mary? What is your problem with us?" I asked her quickly while she just smiled.

"My dear son, you know how much I love you. Our whole clan loves you very much, and I could never hurt you----"

"I know you too well, Mother. I'm sure there are other people involved with you besides Luke and Kaiden's fake sister," I bluntly told her.

"Who else do you think?" she asked with a smile that made my blood boiled

"For example, my Grandfather from my father's side," I answered seriously, and her smile widened.

My grandfather's demeanor is very different from other people I've met. Just one mistake and he can have anyone who stands in the way of his plans killed. He doesn't want anyone to ruin his plans, especially if he's been planning them for a long time.

"How do you say so? Why would your grandfather plan all of this? Does he have enough reason to do all this?" she said playfully to me.

"Stop playing tricks on me, Mother. I am old enough to know whether you are playing dumb or not," I said to her angrily.

"If you already know, why are you still asking me?" she asked to me.

"I know what happened in your past, but why are you involving Mary in this? I don't understand why you brought Mary to this place. Do you want to kill her?" I asked her directly

"If you hadn't brought Mary to our country and if you hadn't brought her to Kaiden, this wouldn't have happened. Oh, and from the very beginning, you shouldn't have interacted with her when you first met. You knew from the start that she was the real princess of Denmark, right? You just played dumb as if you didn't know anything. Sometimes I asked you to look after her and make sure she wouldn't step foot in our country or in Denmark, but you let us down, you let your grandfather's expectations down," she said, which silenced me.

Yes, from the very beginning, even before I met her in person, I knew her origin. I just played dumb to look like an innocent person in front of everyone. I couldn't help myself from talking to her back then because I didn't even understand why I did it.

"Why does my grandfather want to kill Mary in this place? No matter how you explain it, I still don't fully understand you!" I shouted at her

"Well, if you hadn't introduced her to us as the girl you were courting back then, your grandfather wouldn't have thought of having her killed. You know you were engaged to Charlotte, yet you still defied us in front of everyone. We arranged your marriage since you were a child, and suddenly, you defied our wishes. You used to always obey us, so your grandfather thought you had changed since you met Mary. That's why he ordered me to have Mary killed and brought to this place," she replied, and I bit my lower lip.