22. Honeymoon

Zebedee Glenn

.

"The hell, Glenn. What are you thinking, bro? Is this the best solution you could offer to your parents' needs?" Diezel looked at me in dismay.

I shut my eyes and rested my back on the recliner. I'm not listening to him anymore. I'm so tired today. My mother knows what's happening. Matalino si Mama at hindi ko siya masisisi sa mga bagay na ganito. Iba nga lang si Papa. Okay lang sa kanya ang kung ano, basta meron.

That's how easy my father is.

"You are lucky to have such a cool father."

Naupo si Diezel sa isa pang recliner sa tabi ko. Isinandal ang likod at pareho na kaming nakatitig sa madilim na langit.

Diezel was right. My father was cool and was opposite to my mother.

"Anong sabi ni tita?"

"Ayaw niya. She's against Erykah," sagot kong nakapikit ang mga mata.

"Can't blame Tita for that. She likes Saber for the family. Why can't you go back with her? I heard the engagement was call-off."

My jaw tightened. I'm not listening to Diezel again. I'm a man in my word. I have already given my word to Erykah. I can't just back out because of that. I don't know, and I can't understand what I want in the first place. It just happened.

Out of the blue, I offered to marry Erykah without a doubt. I couldn't understand myself either, but I followed my instinct at that time.

I sighed.

"Tell me honestly, Glenn. You are not the type of person to play with feelings. You don't even go out and date for a play. You are working hard and your lunatic brother is worried at you all the time. At kahit labag sa puso ko na manghimasok, ay hindi ako puwedeng walang gawin dahil ako na lang ang nagsisilbing tulay mo sa kapatid mo."

Umayos si Diezel sa pagkakaupo at saka hinarap ako. Nakatayo siya sa harapan ko at nakatitig lang ako sa kanya.

Matangkad si Diezel at maayos ang pangangatawan. Malinis siya at iilan lang ang tatoo na nakatago sa braso niya. He's not just a Mondragon because we all know what type of a life he will have in the future. He walked away on his own from the Mondragon club to joined my brother. No one kicked him.

"I can't give you an answer, Dez. Just tell me, where's the polar bear in hiding?"

He laughed before he could give me an answer. "Somewhere out there beneath the fake moonlight." He winked.

Dammit. I know I could not get any information about where the hell Morris is now. His base was quiet, and Ace was doing the same thing. Morris's businesses were frozen because of my father. I need to act. I don't want to lose in this game.

"Don't worry about him, Glenn. He will survive. After all, he is a polar bear, right?"

May bahid na lihim ang ngiti ni Deizel at naintindihan ko agad ito. Nagtatago lang si Morris, at alam kung lalabas lang iyon kapag naayos ko na ang problema sa ama ko.

"And when are you going home?" I stood up and started walking inside. Diezel followed me.

"I can't. I will be here for a while."

"Really? So, where are you staying now?"

"At Reeve's place at the moment."

My temples crossed. I whirled around to face him. "You mean, down the Visayan part?" My brows furrowed. I didn't know this. I thought I would be working alone on the new property that I bought, and it was just right next to where Reeve's new property was located.