(Chapter 26)Never to Be

Summary:
It has been years since Hawk Moth has been defeated; Chat Noir's flirting continues but Ladybug's patience has ended.

He ends up learning that his lady is now engaged....

Work Text:
It had been a few years since Hawk Moth had been defeated and revealed to the public; the two young preteens who were chosen to wield the Ladybug & Cat Miraculous had grown to now be in their early 20s and weren't needed like before. However it didn't stop Ladybug who while relieved that she finally had the free time that she was lacking in before; still found the time to make patrols even if they were 3 times a week and when there was a big accident or incident could be counted on to appear.

Chat Noir was mostly absent from incidents and would join a patrol once a week to catch up on Ladybug and to flirt/try to ask her out on dates. However when they were younger while also turning down his advances; Ladybug did appreciate bantering and quipping especially to help give levity to situations, however she grew more frustrated over time and was now ready to snap at any given situation.

Chat Noir in turn became more annoyed and frustrated with Ladybug turning him down; beleiving them to be destined.

Right now they were dealing with a group of high tech weapon wielding terrorists who were holding up a robotics building and Chat off course giving his usual flirting. Much to Ladybug's frustration as the terrorists had blown a hole in the wall and pushed people out; Ladybug had rushed to tie them up and was now trying to pull them up. "So after this; how about a nice picnic..." Chat asked and then Ladybug turned to him with a face screaming that she was close to hanging him outside the building herself.

"Chat; if you want to be helpful can you please allow Ladybug to save these people while we give her cover?" Viperion suggested putting a hand on his shoulder from behind and Chat glared at him but relented as he took his frustrations out on the terrorists; he was still not thrilled about Ladybug using the temporary heroes without consulting him when she finds a new one.

Soon they were done and Chat put out a 'Pound it' motion but Ladybug glared at him leaving him hanging. "What's with you..." Chat asked as that was cleary the wrong thing to say.

"You dare say that after what you pulled? This is why I have grown to DESPISE your stupid flirting; it's not cute! It wasn't cute nor at the right time years ago when I was shielding us from getting our memories erased allowing Hawk Moth to win but right now you don't have the excuse of being a teenager anymore... We are adults so you should be respecting my boundaries as I say this for the final time... We... Will... Never... Be... A... Couple..." Ladybug retorted with emphasis to her words.

"Do you really not feel anything after all the time we spent as partners..." Chat asked as Ladybug shook her head.

"All those times I had to cover for you goofing off or deciding to throw a tantrum and not showing; you saw being a superhero as a game especially without a main villain to fight. Guess what; this is and always was a responsibility! The truth is... It's been a long time since I considered you a partner or even a friend!" Ladybug told him before leaving with Viperion leaving with her silently as Chat was left open mouthed as the police came to arrest the terrorists.

All this time; they fought together and had eachother's backs... Him helping to find and utilise the Akumas' weaknesses and trusting them... Ladybug threw it all away...

He decided that he needed to continue this discussion at once and began following and was now on a scaffolding overlooking the alleyway where Ladybug and Viperion were talking. "...I take it you are using this as further proof that he shouldn't be told?" Viperion asked and Ladybug sighed but Chat was wide eyed.