(Chapter 167)SSPB-016: Lyre Festival Fraud

Summary:
Plot bunny one-shot, up for adoption. When Lila invites the entire class to a personal party full of fun and music on a remote desert island, Marinette and Adrien try to convince their classmates not to go through with it and offer proof that Lila is lying, but to no avail. Oh well, some people just have to learn the hard way... (Inspired by the real-life Fyre Festival disaster.)

Notes:
DISCLAIMER: I don't own Miraculous; that belongs to Thomas Astruc, ZagToons and Method Animation.

SPOILERS: Takes place in Season 3, sometime between the episode "Chameleon" and the Season 3 finale.

It was a pretty day in Paris, and in the home above the wildly popular Tom & Sabine Boulangerie Patisserie, two teens were having fun playing Ultimate Mecha Strike III together in the upstairs bedroom.

Marinette Dupain-Cheng and Adrien Agreste were spending a little time to themselves while the rest of their class went off on some crazy vacation for spring break. Lila Rossi had managed to convince the rest of them to go off with her on some vacation somewhere, and so off they went with her.

But what had really set off the warning bells in the heads of both Marinette and Adrien was how Lila had claimed she was setting up a private party on a remote tropical island, and she would be using her own personal connections to bring in some high-profile talent to perform for them.

Both of them had tired to convince their classmates otherwise - especially once Adrien realized that standing back and letting Lila continue to scam people was a bad idea (and he'd apologized profusely to Marinette for that mistake) - but it just couldn't be helped. Lila had all of them wrapped around her finger. Even if they hadn't wasted time by going with Adrien's initial suggestion of doing nothing so it could all eventually blow up in Lila's face, it might not have helped. Lila was just that skilled at what she did.

At the moment, Marinette had just walloped Adrien for the umpteenth time, but he lost gracefully and instead took pride in the fact that he had gotten closer than ever to beating her at this game.

"Wow, you had only one percent health left and you still wiped the floor with me," he commented.

"Eh," she said, shrugging and trying to stay humble. "I do my best."

They both agreed to take a short break, and they both snacked on some macarons graciously provided by Marinette's parents. Once they were finished, they both looked for something to do next...

...and somehow, they both found themselves staring each other in the face, only inches apart.

Marinette couldn't tear her gaze away from his bright green eyes, while Adrien felt like he could sink into her deep blue eyes.

They found themselves drawing ever closer to each other...

And just then both their smartphones went off, and the open social media accounts on Marinette's home computer was beeping alerts like crazy.

Both of them backed off from each other, both a little flustered but also a little grateful to be saved from further embarrassment.

"Hey, Marinette!" Adrien exclaimed. "Look at this!"

"What is it?" she asked as she hurried over.

"It's Nadja, but look at what she's reporting!" Adrien exclaimed.

Marinette turned up the volume and then stood back so they could both watch and listen.

"Don't be bemused, it's just the news," Nadja introduced herself as always, before moving on to today's special report. "What looks like an entire class of French teenagers have been stranded on a remote island without sufficient food or water or supplies, claiming that their classmate abandoned them there after promising a getaway filled with music and partying."