Chapter Seventy-Eight

When I read like the first 50 something chapters of this book I cringe because it's so bad to me. Ion see how yall read that. 🥴

Also I stan tf out of Adele. Okay byeee 🥹

 Okay byeee 🥹

Dominic

Pulling into the neighborhood the gps brought us to, Kasim made sure to park a few houses down from our destination to make sure we weren't seen. The area we were in was pretty decent. The neighborhood looked to be middle class with the houses consisting mostly of single level homes with a few two stories scattered throughout the block.

The house address we were given was the most unkempt on the block. There was an overgrown tree in the front yard along with overgrown bushes that were pushed up against the front of the house. The roof looked like it was three seconds from collapsing as part of the gutters attached to the front of it was laying on the ground. Even the garage door on the side of the house was collapsed in. I wasn't sure how no one had called the police about how bad this place looked. Compared to the rest of the area this house was a dump.

"Not this nigga in the most raggedy house on the block." Kasim said ,voicing my thoughts, as he turned off the car. We had been sitting here for the last few minutes scoping out the house. No one had come in or out, and there were no cars outside which had me concerned that we were too late.

"What's the plan?" I heard Kevin ask which high key irritated me because nigga give me a minute to get my mind right. I didn't want to just go in guns blazing and risk her getting hurt any further than I knew she already was. I had to be strategic about this shit. Her safety was all that mattered to me.

"Damn nigga give him a minute! You been irkin the shit outta me." Kasim huffed just as agitated with Kevin's ass as I was. Ion know what this nigga's problem was but him and his wife was real close to seeing a side of me they wasn't gone like.

"Nigga ion give no fuck about irkin you!" He said, clearly offended by Sim's words. "I'm the only one with a level head here. Both you niggas irrational as hell when it come to this." He said, making me clench my jaw. I was so sick of him saying how irrational I was. What the fuck else was I supposed to be? This shit was happening in real time and I was in a constant battle with myself. Not knowing if I wanted to crash out or be level headed. There wasn't no switch I could turn on or off. My emotions were involved because my heartbeat was stolen from me. It wasn't no way I could think rationally.

"Nigga cause we concerned about Raelle! If this was Dreka or yo bad ass kids you would be irrational too!" Kasim rebutled back with the same amount of attitude that Kevin was giving him. "Exactly." Kasim said after Kevin was quiet for more than a few seconds. He was voicing all of the shit I just didn't have the energy to say.

"It look like it's a back door off to the side of this busted up garage door. I'ma see if I can see anything in any of the windows around the house before busting the back door in." I spoke up before they could continue arguing. I could see that Sim was with whatever but Kevin had a look of hesitation on his face.