Chapter Thirty-Eight

Excuse any errors

Raelle

After a drama filled lunch packed with my parents bickering back and forth, I dropped them both off at their individual hotels.

Yes they are that extra that they refused to stay in the same hotel building. Like damn the way they argue they act like they still want each other!

Anyway I just got back from the grocery store. I am now prepping ingredients so that I can start on dinner. I decided to cook a good down south dinner because I have been craving one for the longest.

I am making smothered fried chicken, macaroni and cheese, greens, rice, and cornbread. For dessert I went with peach cobbler and vanilla ice cream.

I'm really going all out because I want this dinner to be perfect. I love Dominic so much, and it would warm my heart for my parents to love him as well.

Just as I go to put cornbread in the oven my phone rings.

Incoming FaceTime call from ROD 👑🤘🏾

"Biiiiitttchhhh! I miss yoooouuu!" Dreka yells through the phone as soon as I answer making me laugh.

"I miss you too bestie." I say propping my phone up as I begin preparing the macaroni for the oven.

"I haven't seen your black ass in about a month. But I sure have been seeing you all boo'd up with Dom's big headass all on y'all Snapchats." She dramatically huffs.

"I'm sorry! Any free time I have has been spent with him. I'm going to do better I swear. I wove him so much though." I pout as she playfully rolls her eyes at my confession.

"I'm not gone get in your ass to much, because I know what it's like to be in love. He got your ass shining bitch!" She says sticking her tongue out making me laugh.

"What your ass making? Looks good as fuck!" Dreka says referring to the peach cobbler I am now working on.

"I'm making dinner for tonight. You know my parents are in town and they're meeting Dom tonight." I say nervously.

"Oh shit! That's tonight?" She asks.

"Yes and I'm nervous as fuck. I'm not even nervous about them not liking him because if they don't I could give two fucks he ain't going anywhere. But I am concerned about their behavior. They can be rude as hell when they don't approve of someone." I say.