Chapter Thirty-Five

Excuse any errors

Dreka

A few days later

"Islah Koren Gates I am not going to tell you again to go put on your shoes." I say to my stubborn five year old as we have a mini stare down.

"But mommy my favoritest episode of Spongebob just came on." She pouts at me. I have to stop myself from laughing at her reasoning.

"Well you can stay here and watch tv with your dad and brother while I go meet up with Tete Rae by myself." I shrug grabbing my phone and purse from off the kitchen counter.

"Noooo mommy! I'll go get my shoes!" She says running up the stairs.

Reverse psychology works every time! We should have left the house thirty minutes ago, but Islah has been trying me today.

It was like pulling teeth trying to get her dressed. She wanted to be a little diva and veto everything I picked out. I was trying to let her show her creativity by picking out her own outfit, but I ended up just choosing something myself due to her little attitude.

"When y'all gone be back?" Kevin ask me from the couch as he and Kaz watch this Spongebob episode that has Izzy so pressed.

"I don't know. As long as it takes to make some progress on this wedding planning." I say smiling at him.

"Don't break a nigga pockets Dreka." He says squinting his eyes at me.

"Boy gone on with that! You promised me my dream wedding, and last time I checked that's budgetless." I say waving him off.

I would never spend all of our money on a wedding, and his stank ass knows that. He just wants to talk shit.

Izzy finally comes down stairs with a pair of sandals on. "This child" I say holding my forehead.

"Izzy it's winter time love. Go put on some boots or some sneakers." I say as she rolls her eyes and stomps up the stairs.

"Don't get ya butt popped today little girl." I say as she disappears up the stairs. I don't know why her attitude is so funky today. She is acting like a teenage girl already. I am not ready for this.

She finally comes down the stairs with a proper pair of shoes on.

"Okay we gone." I say as I make my way into the living room to give my baby a kiss. I pick Kaz up off the couch as I place kisses all over his face.