12| what I like about you

"Are you nervous right now?" Braylee asked as she cupped the papered cup on her hands to keep her warm

"Are you nervous right now?" Braylee asked as she cupped the papered cup on her hands to keep her warm. It wasn't even too chilly for her to be holding the cup as if she was in a cold blazing freeze in Switzerland.

"No, what are you talking about?" I scoffed, taking out the few books I had for my first three periods. I considered taking all the books for all my classes but thought better of it and just sticked with the three books. I didn't want to regret it later when my arms were sore from the weight.

"Cause of a tall dark haired boy, green eyes, bad looking-"

"Okay I get it. Don't mention it because then I'll get even more nervous than I already am, please." I shut my locker a little too loudly making Braylee jump. 

"Okay, how about we calm down. It's not like if he is Jesus. Now that would have me pooping my pants," she exclaimed, placing a hand over her mouth. Yeah, he probably wasn't Jesus but he was the guy I had just kissed last night. My first kiss and just the reminder of it made my arm hairs lift in automatic chills. I didn't understand how this sudden liking for him came. He was only been here for almost three weeks and I was itching to see him already even when we'd been together all evening yesterday.

"Yeah," I laughed nervously. "Where's Em and Liam?" I asked, changing the subject.

"They should be here by now, but oh- lover boy is here," she said, raising her brows as she looked at somewhere behind me. My stomach immediately filled with butterflies. I wanted to turn around to look but didn't want to seem desperate so I remained turned, giving Braylee an all too nervous look in which she only sipped her drink causally. "He's coming over. I'll see you later, ok? I'd love to meet the guy but I need to go find Em," she grinned, turning to leave.

"Braylee!" I whisper-shouted but she was already gone by the time I uttered her name out and now I was standing alone with books in hand. She couldn't at least stay here for moral support? What a friend. What a true friend she was. "Hey." I changed my deranged face to a greeting smile as Holden came to stand where Braylee was previously.

Gee, did he look good today.

He looked behind him where Braylee walked and then back at me. "Do I seriously look that scary?" he questioned, feigning offense.

I laughed at his joking tone, giving him a full on hug in which he returned right away. I've noticed from last night his hugs just were more comforting than any other. "No, she just went to look for Emily, her cousin." I explained, hoping he didn't actually feel offended that Braylee had quickly fled my presence when she saw him coming. It would seem that way now that I actually pay attention to it. I would surely feel offended if someone fled from my coming presence.

"Both are your friends," he didn't ask but stated matter of factly.

"Yeah, and Emily's boyfriend is sort of always with us too regardless of the guy friends he has. He never leaves Emily's side," I mentioned, and he nodded in acknowledgment, placing a hand beside him to lean against the locker. It was constant habit he did, I noticed. He always needed to lean against something to restrain him.