34| heavenly

God is so good.

There was just no denying that.

He gave me the job he knew I would love and enjoy so much. The older woman from the shop, in which I learned later her name was Lynn, and her older daughter, Ruby, also who worked there, was so very delighted that I had decided to work with them. Apparently they were the only ones working there at the moment. They had run short on workers little by little; just months ago, their last two workers had left them all alone. Lynn was the owner of the whole place, so it was extra weight on her shoulders.

I was just glad I could be there to help them out.

She mentioned there wasn't any official title on my position as of yet. It was particularly going about it and working on whatever needs to be worked on in the moment. They were 'spontaneously improvising' as Ruby labeled it. Lynn mentioned they are busy most days and I couldn't complain of the amount of work I was going to have poured on me when she was paying a fair twenty-two an hour. It couldn't have mattered if it was five dollars an hour I'd still take the job.

Earlier today I got started off by getting an introduction to everything---learning how to do things, manage things, etc. Not too complicated. At least I thought.

Additionally, now I will have more than school to focus on. Now it was two free hours in-between school and work. I was only working from four to six. Fridays to Sunday off. It didn't sound all too bad to me.

"That sounds like you just hit the jackpot, love." Holden grinned, placing a strand of hair behind my ear. "No important documentation, ID, Social?" He asked, seemingly surprised.

"Only my ID and...since I'm only seventeen she asked for a signature from my parents. They really sounded desperate for an employee, Holden. At first she wasn't going to ask for anything but then later seemed to think better of it and so she ended up having to." I paused for a moment. "I'm just very excited. This is a dream sent from heaven." I bit my lip in sheer happiness. I couldn't contain any of the giddiness inside of me. I was already itching to tell my parents about it all.

"This is gonna sound corny, but...it had to have been God." He admitted silently as he watched me. 

I laughed. "Are you kidding there is no doubt of that!" And then I told him everything from the woman and how she was praying for someone to come in and work for her. It couldn't have been luck or anything of that sort but only Jesus. There was just no denying it! No one could tell me otherwise.

"Ok, there is no doubt," he said finally. 

Holden and I parted our ways right after Holden greeted both my parents when they arrived. I couldn't contain much of the excitement from within me so I had to bring out the news immediately when we stepped into the house.

"So I did something today." Both their faces became alert as soon as the words left my mouth. They stopped their tasks in hand only to pay close attention to what I had to say. "I got a job..."