29| love you more

I was in love

I was in love. I love someone. Wow, I actually love someone. How bizarre is that? 

Maybe not as bizarre than it would seem, but I couldn't believe myself. I couldn't believe I actually loved Holden. The guy across my street. And he loved me back? Where has my life gone?If someone told me a month ago that I would fall in love I would tell them they are crazy. I wanted to laugh, cry, scream. I wanted to do so many things all at once, but I forced myself to be quiet because my parents were asleep.

Lord, is this really the guy for me? 

I paced around my room, thinking, second guessing, and praying all at once. Second guessing?! No, absolutely not! I regretted nothing of our relationship. I loved him a little too much. There was no denying that. I was itching to tell somebody already. I wanted to shout it out to the world, but, of course, that would be absolutely embarrassing so I couldn't and wouldn't do that. 

I prayed for about twenty minutes straight. I ranted a million words per second. God was probably having whiplash by all the words muttered up to the heavens, but I couldn't really help myself to stop. I really needed this big rant session with my Father. He knew what to do and how to sustain me so I was going to fully rely on him right now. 

I breathed out a long sigh. "Ok, Lord. I'm done." I managed a smile, breathing in and breathing out gently . Then not a little while later my chest started to shake in laughter. "Jesus, I'm going insane right now. I'm sorry." I shouted, laughing mid-talk.

I was laying back in bed, starring up at the celling and then suddenly my door opened slowly. "What is going on in here, Heidi?" My mom shut an eye from the bright light in my room then realizing the huge smile on my face she furrowed her brows and then shut the door behind her. 

"Sorry, mom!" 

"Shh." My mom placed a finger above her lips. "Dad is still sleeping." 

"Sorry." I silently laughed again, sitting up in bed as my mom came to sat beside me.

"Now what is going on? Why you look so...bubbly?" she asked. 

"What? I'm always bubbly. What are you talking about?" I brushed a hair away from my face.

"Uh, no you aren't." 

"Ok, fine. Holden said he loved me, mom!" I couldn't help it so I just blurted it out. I was dying to tell anyone anyways. No better person than to tell my mom. 

"Shh. Wait- really?" My mom paused, placing her finger down from her lips. 

"Mhm." I clenched my lips together, internally resisting the urge to start jumping on my bed. 

My mom raised her brows like if she couldn't believe it and then laughed. "Wow, Heidi. That's some news." She shook my hand in little excitement. She looked so tired still from her interrupted sleep, so she looked half-awake. "What'd you say?"