Chapter 22

Today marked the second day of our show in the Philippines, and I couldn't wait to reveal the surprises I had up my sleeve. Yesterday's show was unforgettably fun. I was beyond happy and grateful to be embraced in a foreign country, despite the language barriers and cultural differences.

Such appreciation inspires me to continue growing and embracing the passion I have within me. Given that this was our second show, I expected the same flow of segments and similar questions. But I was still taken aback by how quickly they could think of twists, not just to surprise the fans, but us as well.

"Okay, the first question is, 'My ideal type is someone who is...blank?'" I knew where this was heading.

It was the same MC from yesterday, and as usual, Faye answered first.

It better be good, Mommy!

She proceeded to write on her whiteboard, and when we were all done, she showed her answer first to the crowd. She had written "you." I smiled, knowing exactly who she was referring to.

I'm not being delusional here. I have every right in the world to assume because I have assurance. Besides, she's showing it to me. Who wouldn't assume, right?

The MC also caught on to Faye's action, but she still clarified it with an arrow pointing towards me.

'See that?' She's marking me. Oh, she already did, HAHAHA.

I showed my answer, which was 'cool.' Faye wanted to write something but ended up just acting cool. I could hear the blankets laughing and chanting at her playfulness.

"Yoko, could you give us an example of who you think is really cool?" the MC asked, seeking clarification even though they likely already knew who I meant. Still, I gave them the satisfaction they wanted.

"I don't think I need to explain that. It's really clear," I said.

"Yeah, it's really clear. How about you, Marissa?" The MC proceeded to ask my co-stars the same questions, which they answered very well.

"Okay, let's proceed to the next question. My heart flutters when... blank?" The MC explained further to ensure we understood, which I appreciated. We sometimes struggle to express our answers in English especially in writing since we're Thai, so Faye decided to just say her answer.

"Love scenes." Ohhh, I'm not surprised, HAHAHA.

"Which one?" It was the playful MC again, followed by the fans chanting a happy birthday song. They were referring to a scene where I unwrapped myself.

"Oh, I will never unwrap myself again." I said that as a matter of fact because Faye never lets me unwrap myself either. She likes tearing my 'wrappers' away. She may be following traditions well.

"I haven't unwrapped my present..." Faye gave me a meaningful look before laughingly adding, "It's amazing, in that scene." Good thing you said that, mommy, because I'm going to reveal your dirty little secret.

I showed what I wrote: "Making eye contact with the person that I like." The MC read it for the fans. The crowd started chanting 'sample' again, so I gave them a little demo. "Next," I said, tapping Marissa and giving her the spotlight.

They answered wonderfully again, followed by another question. The Filipino blankets loved Marissa's answer because it was her appreciation for the warm welcome from our fans.

"What is your partner's best facial feature?" Ohh, another obvious question. Marissa and Ize answered first with flirtatious replies, saying "eyes" and "lips."

Since it was an obvious one, I answered without hesitation, whining a bit. "It's a very hard question for me because, look at her," I said, pointing at Faye. It really is hard to answer. She is perfect; how could I pick just one feature? I added silently.