Chapter 39

Several months had passed since we publicly announced our relationship. Today, I made the decision to invite Faye back to my parents' house to formally inform them that we were back together.

I had already shared the news with them over the phone, but I felt it was important to discuss it in person. There were things from the past that needed clarification, and taking this step together was a way to move towards understanding and healing for everyone involved.

This wouldn't be as straightforward as reconciling our relationship initially, but we were determined to demonstrate our commitment and love to them, despite the challenges we might face.

I knew they were skeptical, especially my dad, who had seen me suffer and cry my heart out five years ago after our breakup.

From the moment we set foot in Faye's car, I could sense her nervousness. Sweat glistened on her temples, and she nervously tapped her fingers on the steering wheel-an unmistakable sign of her unease.

I knew exactly what she was worried about. I was nervous too about how this reunion would turn out, but I just hoped for the best.

Despite my dad's grudges against her, I knew my family respected my decisions and whoever I chose to love.

"Relax, love," I said, trying to soothe her. "I know you have uncertainties going through your head, but just be yourself. Everything will be alright. And if my family says or does anything wrong, I want to apologize in advance." We were on our way to my parents' place for a formal lunch with them.

"No matter what they say to me, I will accept it wholeheartedly. I know I deserve any ill words they might have for me because of what I did to you." Sadness washed over Faye's face as she spoke. "I promise to explain everything to you soon. I'm just fixing some things so I can properly explain everything."

I gave her a reassuring smile, gently massaging her hand. "I know. I'll wait for that."

When we arrived, Faye opened the car door for me, guiding me toward the main entrance. Our house helpers greeted us, taking our things and some takeout containers.

"Good morning, Ma'am Yoko," they said.

I greeted them back and asked where my parents were. They led us to the pool area, where we found my parents and Alice in the gazebo.

Their attention immediately turned to us, acknowledging our presence. I could sense the tension slowly building, especially from my father's glances.

"Good morning ka," Faye broke the silence, her voice shaky.

I looked at my family as they greeted her back in unison.

"Good morning."

"Come on, guys, cheer up! We brought your favorite dishes; they're in the kitchen. Let's eat!" I chimed in, trying to lighten the atmosphere.

We all proceeded to the kitchen in a heavy silence, Faye and I trailing behind my family.

"Baby, I'm scared," Faye whispered, her nervousness evident in her expression and her cold hands.

"Relax, love," I whispered back, trying to ease her tension despite my own nerves.

Faye muttered encouraging words to herself, a hint of uncertainty in her voice as she summoned her courage.

As we entered the kitchen, I immediately saw my family taking their respective seats. The air was thick with tension, intensifying my nervousness.

I look at my dad with pleading eyes asking for back up. As the head of the family we respect my father's decision, well we all have our say on certain events but we let our father decide on some occation like this.