Chapter 38

I was still flabbergasted by what had happened in my office earlier. I couldn't even utter a single word. We were currently inside Faye's car, and she told me she was taking me to her house. But I was still stuck, processing everything.

"Why are you so quiet?" she asked, to which I responded with a deadly glare.

"Woah, you started it, babe," she said frantically after I gave her an 'are you seriously asking me that' look.

I folded my arms across my chest, unable to find the right words to explain what I was feeling.

I was shocked, happy, and annoyed all at once.

As soon as we reached her house, I got out of the car, still annoyed. I'm not annoyed because of what she did, but because she took me by surprise and clearly had the upper hand. I don't want that.

I want to tame her. That's my biggest goal.

"Baby, wait for me!" I heard Faye call from afar, but I continued heading toward her room. The interior of her house looked just as I remembered it, with a few new pieces of furniture and paintings here and there, but otherwise unchanged.

I opened her room and was shocked at what I saw. While her living room had minimal changes, her bedroom had been completely remodeled.

Her pillows, bed covers, and blankets were all chipmunk-themed.

It was so cute!

I looked around and noticed a large, adorable frog stuffed toy in the corner of her room with a name tag that read 'Jimmy.'

NA: Just imagine that there's a jimmy name tag in it HEHEHE

This was so different from how I remembered her room; it almost resembled a child's room.

Faye walked in shyly, carefully observing my expression.

I couldn't hide my amusement at what I had discovered today. 'She's really a person full of surprises.'

"You miss me that much, huh?" I teased, knowing she had done all this to remind herself of me. I remembered the day she gave me a neck pillow and a plushie with a chipmunk design.