Chapter 31

Days passed by in a blissful haze. Tonight was Mr. Williams' party.

I had mixed feelings about the event. It had been months since I last attended a formal gathering, and each time I did, I felt a wave of nervousness about interacting with others. Crowds always made me uneasy. If it weren't for work, I wouldn't set foot in these events at all.

It was nerve-wracking!

I was on my way to an appointment at Glamour's Salon for hair and makeup since I didn't have time to do it myself.

As soon as I entered the salon, a flamboyant stylist approached me, introducing himself and suggesting various hairstyles to match my outfit.

We settled on a very elegant updo. The back was intricately braided, with loose, styled bangs in the front. It looked like a messy bun but with a touch of sophistication.

"Perfect!" Dan exclaimed.

Looking at my reflection, I could see he had done an excellent job. I smiled at him in agreement and gave him a tip, which he gratefully accepted.

I thanked everyone who helped me look my best before exiting the salon. It was almost 7:00 p.m. by the time we finished preparing. The event was set to start at exactly 8:00 p.m., giving me an hour to travel there.

I texted our family driver, Tatay Garry, and waited for about ten minutes for him to arrive. Although I expected the event to be huge, I was still taken aback when we reached the venue.

Media was everywhere, and there was a red carpet leading to the entrance. I saw several celebrities making their way inside. This was clearly a party for the elite.

As my car neared the entrance of the hall, tension started building inside me.

'This is it, Yoko!'

I stepped out of the car, maintaining an elegant, stoic look. The moment I emerged, camera flashes greeted me. Though I appeared unbothered, I was sweating and could feel my knees shaking.

"Miss Lertprasert, you look stunning in that dress! May we know who's behind such a dazzling creation?" an interviewer asked.

I smiled gracefully and replied, "It’s from Nicole Moore’s collection."

"Oh, another dress from Glamour Collection," the interviewer commented. My forehead wrinkled slightly at his statement.

‘Another dress?’

I was curious but decided to shrug it off. The press continued to ask me questions about the dress, makeup, and other details. I answered some of them and then proceeded inside.

I was greeted by an elegant, dimly lit hall filled with well-dressed individuals. Many wore masquerade masks and elaborate costumes, as the event had a Halloween masquerade theme.

I noticed some women dressed as princesses, just like me. As I moved around the venue, I heard the jolly voice of an older man.

"My darling! You look stunning in your dress tonight!" It was Mr. David William, who greeted me with a light hug and a gentle kiss on the cheek.

"Good evening, Mr. William," I replied warmly.

"You silly, I told you to just call me David or Dad. Whatever you prefer," Mr. William said with a playful tone. I mentally rolled my eyes at his persistence. Since the beginning, he had tried to set me up with his son, Daniel, insisting we would make a great couple.

I really didn't like the idea, but since he was a close friend of my dad and also one of our investors, I tried to respectfully dismiss it. I told him I wasn't interested in dating at the moment, but every time we saw each other at events like this, he would bring it up again, which irritated me a bit.