Chapter 34

The past month has been a whirlwind of activity, filled with private gatherings, arranging shows for our artists, back-to-back press conferences, contract signings, and more.

Being a CEO is both rewarding and exhausting. I once thought running my own company would suit my introverted nature, imagining I'd mostly sit in my office handling paperwork. I never realized how many responsibilities required social interaction.

I was so caught up with work that I nearly forgot about the fashion show Jane’s father was hosting at Lagoon Hotel and Resort tomorrow. If Jane hadn’t asked if my attire was ready, it would have slipped my mind entirely.

Jane’s family business is a modeling agency, so it's no surprise her father, Carl Moore, hosts various fashion shows. I’ve attended several of them in the past. This time, it’s Nicole’s launch for her swimsuit collection—the debut of the new Glamour Swimwear line. I predict this project will be huge.

Nicole's collection was top-notch. Every piece in her shop, whether a dress or other clothing, was crafted with passion and a message to convey. Each item told a story, much like an abstract painting. Being a fantasy fan, Nicole often incorporated elements of mythology into her designs. For instance, the gown I wore to Mr. William's party was inspired by a particular goddess.

She is indeed a genius.

The venue for the show would be on the beachfront of the hotel, starting at 3:00 p.m. We've seen glimpses of the materials and descriptions of the swimwear to be launched, but the full collection remains a surprise.

I was excited for this show since it would be my first time attending a swimwear runway event. I've seen gown and formal attire fashion shows, but never lingerie or swimwear, so this was a first for me.

Once I finished preparing everything I needed, I headed to the lobby to wait for my ride. While waiting, I pulled out my phone and started scrolling through my Instagram feed.

It had been a long time since I last opened my account, so I wasn't surprised to see my notification bar bombarded with messages.

I was scrolling through my feed when a particular post caught my attention.

The ocean was cold and deep, just like you, but I won’t mind freezing while diving into the deepest part of your heart just to seek your forgiveness

I love you, baby. Only you.

I was flabbergasted while reading Faye's caption on her post. Thousands of hearts, reactions, and comments flooded the post, with many speculating about who she was referring to.

What caught my attention even more was that it had been uploaded only 20 minutes ago.

Since that incident in my office, Faye hadn’t come by personally. I thought she might stop sending me lunch, but it still arrived daily through delivery.