Chapter 24

The tension building in my chest melted away, replaced by unmeasurable happiness, as I heard the loud cheer of our Macau fans.

After our sound check performance, the MC asked us to entertain our Macau fans by saying some Cantonese words and phrases. She asked Faye to say, "I like you, girlfriend," without revealing the exact meaning.

Understanding the language well since it's somewhat similar to Chinese, I couldn't help but jokingly sulk. Faye, looking confused, turned to me for an explanation, and I told her what it meant. Shocked, and mindful of our agreement with the head of directors, she quickly denied it while giving me a meaningful look. I understood and stayed silent. The MC explained the meaning again, prompting more cheers from the fans.

The MC continued with the Cantonese phrases, and when it was my turn, he tried to get me to say, "I am your wife." Since I understood it, I gave the fans a playful, accusing look.

Faye, still puzzled by the language barrier, held my arm and asked what it meant. I told her the exact translation, which made her laugh. I knew exactly what that laugh meant.

'She likes it,' I thought to myself.

She was trying so hard to maintain her composure and deny anything that could cause a stir. But her whispers told a different story.

"How did they know?" she whispered in my ear pertaining to the phrases she and I said, making me smile and lightly pinch her.

The playful banter continued as the mischievous MC tried to trick Marissa and Ize as well. We took another short break to prepare for the actual performance, heading backstage to touch up our makeup and change from shades of blue and gray dress shirts to a pair of black long-sleeved crop tops.

NA: Since I'm not good at describing outfits I hope the picture reference would help.