Chapter Thirteen

Johnnie watches how the address appeared on the screen. He suddenly started to smile, feeling a large amount of joy. He hasn't heard from Jake in about 8-9 years or so.

The two texted each other most of the night, sending memes and screwing around. Johnnie is laughing as a meme appeared on his screen.

Suddenly Jake calls Johnnie. Johnnie was hesitant, but he answered the phone.

"Hello?" Johnnie said into the phone.

Jake smiles when he heard johnnie's  voice on the other end of the line.

He sounded happy and excited. "Hey, Johnnie! I'm sorry if I'm interrupting anything, but I wanted to talk to you about something."

"We've been texting all night,"Johnnie laughs. "We'll see each other tomorrow, we should sleep."

Jake chuckled and nodded on the other line. "Yeah, you're right. We've been talking all night, and we should get some rest. But before we hang up, there's something I want to tell you."

"What?" Johnnie smiled ear-to-ear. Feeling happy to hear Jake's voice again, it's been so long, and they've been talking like nothing has changed.

Jake takes a deep breath, preparing himself to say what he's been wanting to say for years.

"I just wanted to say that I've missed you so much, and I'm really glad we're talking again. I know it's been a long time, but I never stopped thinking about you, Johnnie."

Johnnie felt his heart increase when he heard Jake's words. His eyes glossed with tears. "You never stopped thinking about me..?"

Jake nods, feeling emotional. " Yeah, I never stopped thinking about you. I know it sounds crazy, but I've always cared about you, and I've always wondered what happened to you. I'm just glad that we're able to reconnect again."

"Well, you know I moved in with that Bryan guy.." Johnnie laughs into the phone. "But I moved out, I'm with my mom."

"Oh really? Wow, times have changed." Jake laughs, "We can talk more about it tomorrow. I want to talk to you face to face."

" Yeah, we can definitely talk more about it tomorrow. I'm looking forward to seeing you again. Goodnight, Jake." Johnnie says into the phone call.

Jake couldn't help but feel giddy with anticipation as he waited for the next day to arrive.

He couldn't believe that he was going to see Johnnie again after all these years. As he laid in bed, he thought about all the things they would talk about and all the things they would do together.

Johnnie was .. happy. He felt.. happy. He is laying on his side, trying to fall asleep.